BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

It's because you claimed a corner week 2 who got benched in week 1. Someone felt charitable. 

I fixed it, though.

And Antarctica gets awarded a TE this morning who catches a TD tonight and then likely tore his Achilles. But hey they get to use him this week at least.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

And Antarctica gets awarded a TE this morning who catches a TD tonight and then likely tore his Achilles. But hey they get to use him this week at least.

Terrible luck this year for injuries to start.

• Like 1

So curious, how do folks approach factoring in Thursday night games?

Chubb is a starter for my team, and he just went 22 for 124 yards, 5.6 ypc, and 2 scores. Clearly dominated, and it would make sense for him to get a lot of touches / carries.

Since the gameplans are submitted before the Sunday games, but after TNF, we already 'know' what players will perform well that week and struggled. Does this ever impact someone's decision on starting lineup / bench / factoring in the gameplan? Do voters knock down a TNF performance when factoring the gameplan, since it would be accurate to say that owner already 'knew' the benefit of that player getting a lot of focus?

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Chubb is a starter for my team, and he just went 22 for 124 yards, 5.6 ypc, and 2 scores. Clearly dominated, and it would make sense for him to get a lot of touches / carries.

Since the gameplans are submitted before the Sunday games, but after TNF, we already 'know' what players will perform well that week and struggled. Does this ever impact someone's decision on starting lineup / bench / factoring in the gameplan? Do voters knock down a TNF performance when factoring the gameplan, since it would be accurate to say that owner already 'knew' the benefit of that player getting a lot of focus?

I always boosted a player if they played well on TNF. If they sucked they may not have started that week depending on the position lol. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Generally you can factor it in when doing a write up but it's generally poor form to bring it up.  So you can plan on giving him a bunch of touches knowing what happened Thursday but don't explicitly say chubb destroyed the Bengals thur night.  The bonus of Thursday night football is every team plays on it once so it's fairly balanced.  Voters, at least myself, factor in that week's performance no matter what day they played on.  At least i hope they they do 

• Like 2

@SirA1 what's going on with Josh Uche? Looked to be dominant in camps, running with the 1's consistently, practiced all week and then inactive for week 1. Then a couple days ago Jerod Mayo was asked what happened, and says "That's over my head, he comes in every day with a great attitude" and now he's held out of practice.

What kind of malarkey are your boys pulling up there??

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The way I approach voting is, regardless of the schedule timing, is i wait til Monday night or Tuesday morning. I use performance more as a basis for consistency of skill rather than a fantasy football scoring type analysis if that makes sense. For example Barkley did not do well. But we do know he is good. However we didn't have preseason and it was his first action so there is no basis for consistency but if in week two he also only got 6 yards, that, to me, gives him a bad evaluation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

For me it depends.  If we are talking about a veteran player with a pretty consistent history of play, whether good or bad, I am less likely to give a single week too much weight.

For younger players, they don't have that history and are more likely to be inconsistent, so it weighs a little more for me.

That said, extremely good or extremely bad performances(like a QB having a 4 INT game) will move the needle a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

@SirA1 what's going on with Josh Uche? Looked to be dominant in camps, running with the 1's consistently, practiced all week and then inactive for week 1. Then a couple days ago Jerod Mayo was asked what happened, and says "That's over my head, he comes in every day with a great attitude" and now he's held out of practice.

What kind of malarkey are your boys pulling up there??

#PatriotWay

• Like 1