BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Idk about everyone else but I did not read a single post of the vote campaign going on in the Rome/Hungary thread right now and intend to keep it that way. 

Well one of the posts was someone was inactive on his roster and another two were that players he planned on playing most of the game had limited snaps this week some coming off injury.

I think something that gets lost in the Lamar discussions is that everyone assumes he has a good arm since he's such a great athlete.

He throws a nice deep ball but I think his arm is kinda doodoo. The Chargers in the 2018 playoffs and Titans last year showed if you make him throw to the sidelines he'll struggle.

Also he struggles when falling behind and the likelihood of a play being a pass goes up. Much easier to defend when the risk of Ingram/Jackson gashing you is lower.

Still an amazing player but there are some issues which will manifest in bigger games.

Just now, WFLukic said:

I think something that gets lost in the Lamar discussions is that everyone assumes he has a good arm since he's such a great athlete.

He throws a nice deep ball but I think his arm is kinda doodoo. The Chargers in the 2018 playoffs and Titans last year showed if you make him throw to the sidelines he'll struggle.

Also he struggles when falling behind and the likelihood of a play being a pass goes up. Much easier to defend when the risk of Ingram/Jackson gashing you is lower.

Still an amazing player but there are some issues which will manifest in bigger games.

He does have a good arm. When he's struggling to throw to the sidelines, it's because he has poor placement and can't put the ball where it needs to be consistently.