How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

Great point! Having a cannon is probably not the most important characteristic for elite. Just really surprised me too when I saw that Logan had a 62mph and McCoy mid 50’s and Haskins low 50’s, don’t think any successful qbs since 2007 with limp noodles like that 

maybe he was just being extra careful to have accuracy? Who knows. But I’d draft Tua just like everyone wanted last year before the draft 

18 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Great point! Having a cannon is probably not the most important characteristic for elite. Just really surprised me too when I saw that Logan had a 62mph and McCoy mid 50’s and Haskins low 50’s, don’t think any successful qbs since 2007 with limp noodles like that 

maybe he was just being extra careful to have accuracy? Who knows. But I’d draft Tua just like everyone wanted last year before the draft 

You can’t watch what Haskins has done on the field and say he has a noodle arm. Maybe he had a bad day at the combine or something but there is no way he has weak arm strength. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Doc Draper Not to be that guy, but where are these actual stats that show this?

Seems like VooDoo science. How do you quantify "touchpasses" and when a soft pass is called for etc . I sure seem to remember he zipped them in there last year when needed .. Not always on target .. Kinda like a Ryne Duren fast ball-- Yeah, figure that one out whippersnappers ! xD

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

I love how listening to pods and guys that have football knowledge talk about the Giants not protecting Jones while the nobody even considers the fact Haskins didn’t get much better OL play when it came to pass blocking. Like I saw a lot of turnovers from Jones defenders dropped. And those plays never stopped as the season progressed. Haskins made mistakes but as his season went on this guys made less and less bad decisions per game. With Jones and even Murray that wasn’t the case.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, Doc Draper said:

Two things:

1. Ball velocity is important but I think there are so many things that go into playing QB that just bc a QB does or doesn't have the top ball velocity means very little.

2. Is a few MPH that big a difference when throwing a football? Accuracy, ball placement, and anticipation mean just as much or more but, obviously though, you can't have a noodle arm and be a good NFL QB.

3. I love Colt - as everyone knows - I wanted us to draft him way back in 2010 and wanted him to be our starter at various times since we signed him in 2014. I definitely thought he was a great fit for the Shanahan’s ZBS/bootleg offense but pay attention to how Colt’s ball velocity was calibrated vs the rest of the QBs:

Colt McCoy, Texas 56  (Did not throw at Combine. Throw was recorded at a private workout with a Radar Gun & Computer Chip in Ball.

Edited by turtle28

Urban Meyer is a big jerk --- https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/urban-meyer-wants-dwayne-haskins-be-more-tom-brady-social-media?mi_u=7FE70969-618D-4156-B617-E2417AE89B84

"Dwayne likes the social media," Meyer told NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay in an exclusive interview. "He's all over the social media. I worry about that a little bit."

As a way for Haskins to change his social media habits, his former head coach suggested he look to the greatest QB of all-time as an example.

"I like the Tom Brady approach," Meyer said. "Just focus on your team."

Edited by Skinsin2013

On 4/15/2020 at 6:41 AM, ripsean21 said:

I love how listening to pods and guys that have football knowledge talk about the Giants not protecting Jones while the nobody even considers the fact Haskins didn’t get much better OL play when it came to pass blocking. Like I saw a lot of turnovers from Jones defenders dropped. And those plays never stopped as the season progressed. Haskins made mistakes but as his season went on this guys made less and less bad decisions per game. With Jones and even Murray that wasn’t the case.

with our current OL roster: