Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I’m all for some Haslam bashing, but this hasn’t shown to be true at all.  I mean, on Jimmy’s watch, we’ve hired guys like Chud and Hue, who are far from rah rah types. Pettine was kind of, I guess.

I’m ready for the McD announcement later today or tomorrow.

You missed my point that we never had the stated goal of "finding a leader that can get the respect of the locker room" before" with the Haslam's tasked at identifying those traits.

My point was that Jimmy may translate that goal in his mind as needing to find an outward, surface level "rah rah" guy due to the Haslam's repeated inability to assess with depth and discipline the desirable traits in a head coach.

Owners often seek the opposite of what they previously had whenever hiring the next guy. If the previous coach was an offensive coach, this time they go defensive coach. If the previous guy was a defensive guru, the next guy will be an offensive traditionalist. 

Hue Jackson absolutely was a rah rah guy at the Bengals and Raiders; his reputation was as an offensive-mind and rah-rah players coach. 

Freddie didn't have effective "rah-rah" in the locker room, but Saleh is known to have that uber cornball "win forever" pete carroll positive "rah-rah" that owners like some times. Difference is Saleh doesn't have the culture/program building winning pedigree or a cornball rah-rah savant transcendent player in Russell Wilson leading the way.

Here's to hoping we don't go in that direction.

Edited by Mind Character

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s gonna be fun to watch you delve into psychosis when they hire the boy blunder.

That alone will be worth the price of admission.

I'd be more likely to lose it if it's Roman or Saleh.

With McDaniels, there's no doubt that it will crash and burn in an epic fashion at some point, but until that point he has skills that with this roster-talent will likely lead to winning's ignorant bliss for a period of time. How long that period lasts will likely depend on the power dynamics and structure around him.

I'll just be disappointed, resigned, and apathetic if it's McDaniels and even more so depending on the structure or power dynamics around him as Jimmy is likely to put things around him that will serve as accelerent and fuel for the downfall.

Roman and Saleh are just a plateau of buttcheeks. No upswing; no spiraling down... just the plane of cheeks.

For me, with McDaniels based on his awareness that this would be his last Head Coaching chance and assuming we don't give him total full totalitarian control of the organization and we win, I actually think we'd have a year and half or so before things with him become completely unraveled. That all depends on the team experiencing the least amount of adversity, stress, and losing as possible.

By all accounts, McDaniels was fine the first 7 games of his tenure, but it was when the losing piled up after starting 5-0 that he completely lost his sh*it. Hue was fine his 1st season, taking blame but it all came undone as the pressure and weight of losing piled up.

As I've said, the speed with which the Mr. Hyde ego Josh McDaniels continually shows itself all depends on the power dynamics and structure we surround McDaniels, the GMs strength, and the adversity the team faces. If everything lines up and goes well, we could enjoy 1 and a half years or so before he evolves into his full Ego-mania final form. Once that happens "We're F*cked" as the new age hippie dippie smokey vapey millenials say.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1