Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

I've read through this whole thread and honestly, I'm surprised how warm the reception appears to be for Josh McDaniels. I know he's an Ohio and Cleveland area native but the poll results surprise a little bit. 

I read the articles that were linked a few pages back and they should serve as a warning. I will be more blunt here as, even though I don't really care for the Browns, I know there are tons of good, die-hard football fans that support the team who deserve better than they have gotten since the team returned into being. 

1. McDaniels, as the articles mention, will want total, absolute and complete control of everything. He will be head coach, offensive coordinator, GM, everything. He will decide who's office is where in the team headquarters, what paintings and pictures go on the wall in the building. He will decide what people wear each day and what they eat on their lunch break. He will have overarching authority over the defense and special teams but, when either unit is on the field on game day he will be sitting on the bench talking to the QB. 

2. He will surround himself with lackeys and yes-men, as one of the linked articles also mentions. That does not just mean on the coaching staff and in the front office but in the locker room as well, not to mention the training room, security guards, IT professionals, lunch ladies, you name it. If you look at the way Tennessee, Detroit and Houston have behaved in recent years, you will see a similar pattern. 

3. Expect extraordinary roster turnover; not even young, Pro Bowl level players at critical positions will be safe, if they can be dealt for draft picks who will then owe their loyalty to McDaniels, they will be dealt. Expect bidding wars with the one or more of the aforementioned HOU, DET, TEN for anyone and everyone released from New England or released from another team but who, at one point in their career, played for New England even if just as a camp body or on the practice squad. Expect the draft, on which McDaniels will have final say, expect a heavy focus on Alabama players or players from teams coached by former-Saban assistants. 

4. Expect a losing record, multiple scandals and, ultimately, having to do this again in a few years. 

Sorry, guys. I say this with all genuineness, you do deserve better as a fan base. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I've read through this whole thread and honestly, I'm surprised how warm the reception appears to be for Josh McDaniels. I know he's an Ohio and Cleveland area native but the poll results surprise a little bit. 

I read the articles that were linked a few pages back and they should serve as a warning. I will be more blunt here as, even though I don't really care for the Browns, I know there are tons of good, die-hard football fans that support the team who deserve better than they have gotten since the team returned into being. 

1. McDaniels, as the articles mention, will want total, absolute and complete control of everything. He will be head coach, offensive coordinator, GM, everything. He will decide who's office is where in the team headquarters, what paintings and pictures go on the wall in the building. He will decide what people wear each day and what they eat on their lunch break. He will have overarching authority over the defense and special teams but, when either unit is on the field on game day he will be sitting on the bench talking to the QB. 

2. He will surround himself with lackeys and yes-men, as one of the linked articles also mentions. That does not just mean on the coaching staff and in the front office but in the locker room as well, not to mention the training room, security guards, IT professionals, lunch ladies, you name it. If you look at the way Tennessee, Detroit and Houston have behaved in recent years, you will see a similar pattern. 

3. Expect extraordinary roster turnover; not even young, Pro Bowl level players at critical positions will be safe, if they can be dealt for draft picks who will then owe their loyalty to McDaniels, they will be dealt. Expect bidding wars with the one or more of the aforementioned HOU, DET, TEN for anyone and everyone released from New England or released from another team but who, at one point in their career, played for New England even if just as a camp body or on the practice squad. Expect the draft, on which McDaniels will have final say, expect a heavy focus on Alabama players or players from teams coached by former-Saban assistants. 

4. Expect a losing record, multiple scandals and, ultimately, having to do this again in a few years. 

Sorry, guys. I say this with all genuineness, you do deserve better as a fan base. 

Man just say you hate the guy and get it over with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

1.) what articles?  Everything I have read has said he doesn't want FULL CONTROL.  This is a completely misused narrative that has 0 basis

2.) See 1.  He wants the organization and the players all in unison but he doesn't necessarily want Yes men.

3.) This makes no sense that he would completely turn over the roster.  Again where is the proof?  10 years ago in Denver?

4.) It may be it may not be.

What I don't get is why people are saying he wants complete and utter control.  The last few articles by people that are in the know (Doresheck from the PD who knows McDaniels or his dad) has completely said otherwise.  He wants to streamline items, hire a training staff etc.  He doesn't necessarily want to be GM, OC, DC, QB Coach, WR Coach etc.  He learned to Delegate since going back to NE.

We have no idea if this will work out or not however he never has wanted total control.