Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

22 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Mata'afa showed glimpses for sure. Still need to see more, but definitely a decent chance he contributes next year.

I think Mata'afa has a better shot this year than last year if the team is moving to a 4-3 under as has been speculated. As the 3T, that will keep him on the weak side. That is what worked so well for for Millard and Randle back when the Vikings ran the 4-3 under with them.  We'll know more after the draft but there are certainly a lot of signs pointing to the team possibly moving to the 4-3 under. It is nice that DE is not much of a need if they go back to the 4-3 under.

37 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I think Mata'afa has a better shot this year than last year if the team is moving to a 4-3 under as has been speculated. As the 3T, that will keep him on the weak side. That is what worked so well for for Millard and Randle back when the Vikings ran the 4-3 under with them.  We'll know more after the draft but there are certainly a lot of signs pointing to the team possibly moving to the 4-3 under. It is nice that DE is not much of a need if they go back to the 4-3 under.

I prefer the 4-3 under, especially with our current personnel. Like you said, will be interesting to see how the draft rolls out. 

Who’s ready for....

NO - Brees - Thomas - Sanders - Kamara - Cook

TB - Brady - Evans - Godwin - Gronk

ATL - Ryan - Jones - Ridley - Hooper

CAR - Bridgewater - McCaffrey

———

fun year to play the NfC south if/when we get games in. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

None of the QBs actually worry me. 

Really? Unless we have remarkable seasons from the CB's, I'd worry about all the NFCS QB's.  The trait that make all four of those quarterbacks dangerous is that they are patient, the don't get skittish, and they wait for a window to open.

Edited by Guest

I'm not immensely worried about facing them...but it also depends upon when we face them.  I'm not concerned about facing Brees...they've actually done pretty well against him the last couple of years...Brady no longer has Belichick, but I'd prefer to face him earlier in the season...and they've manhandled Matt Ryan the last few times they've played against him.  Teddy, I have no idea, but we'll have to see...but still he has no significant receivers outside of the RB...Anderson and Moore are okay, but nothing to be all that concerned about.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Teddy, I have no idea, but we'll have to see...but still he has no significant receivers outside of the RB...Anderson and Moore are okay, but nothing to be all that concerned about.  

DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel are a great WR duo and they added robby anderson to the mix, they have plenty of receiving weapons. whether teddy utilizes Samuel and Anderson deep is to be seen but the panthers have a great WR trio.

i think they aren't really recognized league-wide because cam has been injured and kyle allen is a subpar QB, but they are definitely talented.