Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, RpMc said:

He was until he shattered his ankle and was then made to move positions; he was a solid player as a rookie.  He'd likely be better off at C/RG given his hand preference.

He was also drafted for a completely different offense. 

I can’t call Elflein a bad pick, because we never got to see the plan that he was drafted to be a part of unfold. 

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

No o-line pick on Day 1 ... is it pretty much a given that we're going for Trent Williams, or are there Day 2 prospects good enough to give similar protection for less money?

There are still plenty prospects on the interior. I would expect the team to need to trade up at some point to secure their choice. If they wait to see what comes to them they may end up with "no prospects of value" at their draft spots. There might be teams that value the position higher than the Vikings do. If so, those teams will be willing to guards earlier than the Vikings would be willing to draft them. We'll see what kind of influence Kubiak can exert. I would be very hesitant, if I was running the Vikings, to wait and hope their guy would be there at their third round pick(s).

So far only one interior lineman has been drafted. The Vikings didn't necessarily need to get that one. There is room on the roster for two guys that can earn starting jobs by the end of the season. To get those two, the team is going to have to avoid waiting too long to pick the first one.

The Vikings don't have the need at tackle that would force them to trade for Trent Williams. They may opt to trade for Williams anyway.

9 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

No o-line pick on Day 1 ... is it pretty much a given that we're going for Trent Williams, or are there Day 2 prospects good enough to give similar protection for less money?

Day 2 Targets for me:

Cleveland

Jones

Tega-Wehagho

Hennessy

Jonah Jackson 

Simpson

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

it's hard to say they'll be as good as trent williams, who is a perennial pro bowler. but they will definitely be cheaper and there a few options that fit what we need. ezra cleveland would a round 2 option (i wouldn't mind him but hopefully they wouldn't trade up too far to grab him) or matt peart in the third round. i'm assuming josh jones gets taken very early in the second round (probably to cincinnati at 33) so he's not really a realistic option. 

both are athletic but need some time to develop.

Edited by whitehops

At this point, does Williams even want to play football? I’d venture to guess problsby not unless he’s straight released. If you hate your situation, why turn down another. Unless Cousins is such a cancer. The Vikes are a class act organization so why turn them down? Worked out for the better, I had serious reservations about him anyway and they got good value in Cleveland at 58.

Edited by vikingsrule

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

His agent came out today saying that his client never nixed any trade - probably trying to do damage control so that his client is still a tradable asset.

The report that Williams nixed the trade just doesn’t make sense. I believe the agent. 

1 minute ago, marshpit23 said:

Really think Samia gets every opportunity to take over the RG spot. I also really like the thought of Udoh competing for the LG spot. 

It would be great if Samia and Udoh are ready to take over and be effective.  That would take a lot of pressure off of the rookies.

• Like 1