Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

2020/21 nugget from PA this morning  

”Dru Samia, who they love“

I think we all knew that once they released Kline. They didn’t release Kline and eat that dead money just to save $2M. It was a move with a clear indication that they liked someone on the roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I get that they like Samia, but why not move Kline to the left side and let Elflein be a backup? It's still a head scratcher that they cut Kline. Maybe there's a medical/concussion issue since he's still a FA.

A potential injury is plausible

Or he's just an average guard, and we are a cap team that could use the smallest amount of cap relief rolling forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I get that they like Samia, but why not move Kline to the left side and let Elflein be a backup? It's still a head scratcher that they cut Kline. Maybe there's a medical/concussion issue since he's still a FA.

Maybe they rate Elflein as equal or better to Kline and view the age difference and availability as benefits in having Elflein around, even if as a backup to all IOL spots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

A potential injury is plausible

Or he's just an average guard, and we are a cap team that could use the smallest amount of cap relief rolling forward.

To the bolded, certainly - but they are also a team that desperately needs even average guard/IOL play. The small amount of cap relief gained doesn't offset the exacerbation of the arguably the Vikings' biggest need by cutting their "best" interior offensive lineman.

What do I know though? I'm just a guy with some internets that yells at the TV on draft day and most weekends in the fall.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Maybe they rate Elflein as equal or better to Kline and view the age difference and availability as benefits in having Elflein around, even if as a backup to all IOL spots.

Really?  Elflein the equal of better Kline?  Even the age difference is not enough to justify keeping Elflein over Kline.  I am sorry to say Elflein was not a good draft choice by the Vikings.

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

Really?  Elflein the equal of better Kline?  Even the age difference is not enough to justify keeping Elflein over Kline.  I am sorry to say Elflein was not a good draft choice by the Vikings.

He was until he shattered his ankle and was then made to move positions; he was a solid player as a rookie.  He'd likely be better off at C/RG given his hand preference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

He was until he shattered his ankle and was then made to move positions; he was a solid player as a rookie.  He'd likely be better off at C/RG given his hand preference.

He's never really over come his making mental mistakes.  His footwork wasn't great coming out of college, and it's gotten worse since is injury.  I agree that he showed potential as a rookie, but he's never come close to growing into that potential.

10 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Should The Vikings give the so-called "unretired" Percy Harvin a look in whatever abbreviated camp they have?

We were talking about that yesterday...I was one of the few that wasn't really all that interested in taking a flyer on him.  He hasn't played in 3 1/2 years and is now 31.  I'm also concerned about, what will happen the first time his stress level goes up.  It's all fine and dandy that he's mentally okay right now, but who knows how he'll react the first time he's under any kind of pressure.