Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

Just now, Duff Man said:

I don’t have a finite answer for you man, don’t be oblivious to everything I just. 

If the team isn’t built properly, we’re not going anywhere regardless of who the QB is.  Not sure what you expect from Cousins, I was pretty impressed by them winning a playoff game this season. 

I guess I don't see the need to drag this out for a guy that has NEVER been able to put a team on his back. If everything has to be right around him, that's not a guy that can take up as much of the cap as he does.

28 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I guess I don't see the need to drag this out for a guy that has NEVER been able to put a team on his back. If everything has to be right around him, that's not a guy that can take up as much of the cap as he does.

Well he did.

Get over it or I'm sure the Lions will be happy to have you as a fan.

3 friggin years of this crap. My God people. LITERALLY the same argument every damn post for the past 3 years. Why does it get you guys off to debate this every damn day? THE same exact posts. The same exact responses.

Side A: Kirk is a top-5 PFF QB. He just needs the tools around him.
Side B: Kirk has won ONE playoff game. He's not clutch. We paid too much for a QB who needs everything around him.
Side A: Who else would we sign? He's a top-10 QB and he beat one of the best NFC teams on the road in the playoffs
Side B: ONE playoff win doesn't make his contract worth it. He's crippling our team.
Side A: Who else do you want then?
Side B: I don't know but he's over-payed.

That's EVERY Kirk discussion here to a "T"

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

He put the team on his back in New Orleans. But you can keep saying that over and over again, have at it. You say everything needs to be right around him, I’m just saying that an OL that isn’t bottom of the league would help. 

Saying he’s “NEVER been able to put the team on his back” is such a dumb blanket statement that I don’t know why I’m wasting my time responding to you. 

Wow, super mature posts, fellas.

One guy telling me to give up my fandom, and the other saying it's a "waste of time" to have discussions with someone that disagrees with him.

Are you honestly saying that you can't see any validity in a view point other than your own?

If you don't care to see the nuance in someone's post, to try to understand them, then don't respond.

Perhaps I can phrase it differently. How can you justify the Vikings' decision to pay Kirk Cousins as much as they are when it ACTIVELY makes it more difficult to improve the part of the team that you say they need to improve? The Vikings have gotten worse on OL, the secondary, the DL, and at WR. Is Kirk Cousins the guy that is going to make up for those talent gaps?

I'm not trying agitate anyone, I'm trying to understand your rationale. 

• Like 1

I know we have lost a lot of players on defense but except Griffen, everyone who has left so far in FA on defense was either poor or average last season. We have lost most of the CBs but the CB core in general were poor last season and infact the biggest weakness of the defense last season. They have still managed to keep the best players on defense of last season - Kendricks, Hunter, Harris(if he signs), Harrison Smith. So, I don't think defense will drop off big time. They still have FA to address some of these replacements and good number of picks in the draft. Ifaedi also has looked very promising so far and looks like management seems to trust him to take the starting role of Griffen. Just seems like management has realized that it's time to move on to some of the younger options.

imo, the biggest loss so far has been Diggs. I hope they can get a good option as WR2 either in FA (maybe Sanders) or use one of the 1st or 2nd round picks in this deep WR draft.

• Like 1

We have 12 draft picks to make up for the talent gap.  Great teams draft well and we’ve been drafting fairly poor in recent years, especially at the top. 

Kirk Cousins is good enough to win with a true championship caliber roster around him. He took a Top NFC team out of the playoffs (in their house) last season, I’m not sure where you’re getting this idea that he can’t put the team on his back. Its not Cousins’ fault that our OL literally got destroyed by every above average DL they faced this season. The SF game was a true eye opener for me, they ran all over us and we couldn’t run on them at all. 

Need to get drastically better in the trenches. 

Edited by Duff Man
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, babababa said:

Well I'd show some ability out of the gate and then demand to get cut so I could get picked up by a team that respected me. Word would get out how you treated your running backs and nobody would want to play for your team but late round rookies.

So basically like most teams with their runningbacks. 

so basically your saying try to do what Melvin Gordon did, when offered $10m a year, for multiple years, then lose out on that to sign a 2 year deal with only $13.5m guaranteed.

its not that you refuse to sign them, it’s just you refuse to sign them to a huge contract. The position takes a ton of beating, and in reality yards per touch really isn’t that high. 

just makes sense to spend money elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Need to get drastically better in the trenches. 

Again - I’m not trying to be argumentative - how do they do that when Kirk commands so much of the salary cap?

Edited by JDBrocks

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Again - I’m not trying to be argumentative - how do they do that when Kirk commands so much of the salary cap?

The "good" news is, we only really stunk at CB, 3-tech and LG; so, not a lot of positions where a modest improvement will greatly improve the team.

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

By drafting better of course.  Good QBs are going to take a lot of cap space, thats how it works. Our FO gets it, they’re getting rid of old, expensive players and loading up on draft picks. I just hope Rick can hit on those 2 firsts, he has really been struggling with 1st round picks lately. 

If you want to save a few bucks we can go back to the Christian Ponders and T-Jacks?

And don’t worry about being argumentative, thats what forums are for. We’re not supposed to all agree, and I respect your difference in opinion.

Edited by Duff Man

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

By drafting better of course.  Good QBs are going to take a lot of cap space, thats how it works. Our FO gets it, they’re getting rid of old, expensive players and loading up on draft picks. I just hope Rick can hit on those 2 firsts, he has really been struggling with 1st round picks lately. 

If you want to save a few bucks we can go back to the Christian Ponders and T-Jacks?

And don’t worry about being argumentative, thats what forums are for. We’re not supposed to all agree, and I respect your difference in opinion.

Exactly right.. In the draft.. And I believe they are doing it at the perfect time. This draft is loaded in lineman. ( both sides )

I actually put a draft in today and took 4 linemen with our 1st 4 picks. Then I worried about CB and WR..

I have no idea how the Saints keep affording these players. They just signed Peat to a huge deal as well. 

I was hoping the Vikings would be able to find a way to sign Sanders. He seemed like he would be a great bridge from Diggs to the next WR.

Edited by byuvike88

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I'm not trying agitate anyone, I'm trying to understand your rationale. 

You're not going to understand their rationale. You haven't for 3 years. You're not going to convince them there's a better option at QB. They won't budge either

You've (by you, I mean everyone anti-Kirk) made your decision to say the Kirk signing is bad and cripples the team. Nothing will change your mind. Nothing will change his mind. Why continue to have the same conversation non-stop for 3 years? 

I wasn't singling you out by any means it's just getting VERY old to see the same non-stop argument in 10 different threads for the past 3 years when we have plenty of threads dedicated to Kirk. If I wanted to see this debate, I'd head over there. Now, I get that Kirk re-signing techincally has to do with moving on to 2020/2021 but the entire thread, yet again, has been taken over by this endless debate.

I just don't understand putting this much effort into endless debates with no results in changing people's opinion over 3 years. 

Now, I actually pretty much agree with you and you make great points but I'm just so far over this Kirk debate it's making me a crabby ****** for no reason lol

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1