Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

9 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I have no idea how the Saints keep affording these players. They just signed Peat to a huge deal as well. 

I was hoping the Vikings would be able to find a way to sign Sanders. He seemed like he would be a great bridge from Diggs to the next WR.

I was just thinking about that earlier.

Thielen, Sanders, Bisi, rookie would make me feel better since we all know this regime doesn't give rookie WR's a chance in hell in year 1.

What’s Logan Ryan’s market lookng like? I’d think they’d want to add a veteran slot CB before the draft, seems to be a difficult position to fill with a rookie. If the Vikes can find a solid slot, I’d feel a bit better going into the draft with Hughes and Hill as my top two options knowing I need to draft another boundary. Having to find a slot CB on top of that is going to be very difficult. Or is Hughes a legit option to play slot?

Edited by vikingsrule

19 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Now, I actually pretty much agree with you and you make great points but I'm just so far over this Kirk debate it's making me a crabby ****** for no reason lol

I think that’s going to happen a lot with no sports, no personal life, and a lot of despair around us in the short term.

no worries. I’m really trying to keep my head straight and have rational conversations with fellow Vikings fans while we all sit at home with nothing but our thoughts. We all want the Vikings to win, even if we have different opinions about how to accomplish that.

Skol! *toasting my glass of Bulleit*

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Again - I’m not trying to be argumentative - how do they do that when Kirk commands so much of the salary cap?

I am not the biggest Kirk fan but Kirk's cap hit for the next 2 years combined is $51M (10% of salary cap this year and 15% next year)...that's not really a lot tbh.....I am pretty sure most of the playoff contending teams (minus QBs on rookie contracts) have either similar or higher cap hit than $51M. You can't blame Kirk for lack of cap space when his cap hit is around $51M combined for next 2 seasons, that's very reasonable for a decent QB in current market. 

Non-Cousins talk - I’m going to really miss Everson. He’s been an incredible success story, a staple of one of the best defenses in the NFL, a great advocate for mental health, and one of my favorite players to watch, even if he did jump offsides a bit too often.

its going to be weird without him.

• Like 3

Kirk's cap hit for this year is $21M and next year is $31M...that's a very reasonable cap hit for next 2 seasons combined for any decent QB in current market. If it doesn't work out, then can cut him after 2021 season with around $10M dead money. If anything you could probably blame GM for handing out contracts in positions which are probably lot more replaceable. I wasn't a big fan of handing Barr that contract whom you could probably replaced to a good extent, especially when u still don't wanna use him much as pass rusher. 

9 hours ago, babababa said:

Well that changes things. DE becomes a top priority in the draft now along with CB.

I figured Grtiffen would be the rotational guy even if he came back, I still see if as a 3rd or 4th round pick (unless great value earlier).  First 3 picks imo should be 3 out of DT (pass rusher), OL (LT or LG), CB, or WR, with the one of the 3rds being the other (if a stud falls at a position for some reason I might overlook this and accept bpa).  After that DE (we do great in the mid rounds at that position), S, WR (with ST ability), OL (whichever we didn't before), and CB (need depth at least since hughes can't seem to stay healthy.) in no particular order BPA type sit.  Then last but not least a guy that won't make the team but has a cool story and everyone will root for...gotsta have one of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Haha of all people. I wonder if they did something similar to what Lane Johnson did last year with the Eagles. If this frees up enough to sign a veteran WR, DE, CB, and possibly OG they may not need to move Harris

16 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Haha of all people. I wonder if they did something similar to what Lane Johnson did last year with the Eagles. If this frees up enough to sign a veteran WR, DE, CB, and possibly OG they may not need to move Harris

I wouldn't mind Robby Anderson if we can work out a trade to get that 2nd round tender off him....don't see much at WR that makes me think "Well there's a good #2 for Thielen."

Other than that, I think we'd be opening 2020 with Thielen, Bisi, and Chad Beebe at WR which is putrid because god knows a rookie WR won't touch the field on a ZImmer coached team. 

7 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I have no idea how the Saints keep affording these players. They just signed Peat to a huge deal as well. 

I was hoping the Vikings would be able to find a way to sign Sanders. He seemed like he would be a great bridge from Diggs to the next WR.

There QB who is better than Cousins continues to sign below market contracts, which give them lots of additional room. We are not blessed the same way

6 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I wouldn't mind Robby Anderson if we can work out a trade to get that 2nd round tender off him....don't see much at WR that makes me think "Well there's a good #2 for Thielen."

Other than that, I think we'd be opening 2020 with Thielen, Bisi, and Chad Beebe at WR which is putrid because god knows a rookie WR won't touch the field on a ZImmer coached team. 

Nah a rook has a chance. In 2015, stefon diggs made his debut as a rookie against the broncos, he never looked back after that. Of course it was injuries that put him in, but maybe we can still get a rook in there if we need it.

With Griffen also leaving, letting go of Kline, I’m not liking this off-season at all. Are we just gonna draft all replacements and hope to compete? 3 years ago we were one game away from the Super Bowl, this is just pissing me off tbh.

Edited by Illadelegend215