Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

He wanted stefanski which is an unknown...where else has he been ignored that isn't rumor or speculation?

I just posted them.

Those things have been been reported by multiple sources for a long time.  Believe them or don’t, it makes no difference to me.

I mean, it’s not like you’re going to change your opinion, so I’m not sure why I’m even wasting my time...

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just posted them.

Those things have been been reported by multiple sources for a long time.  Believe them or don’t, it makes no difference to me.

I mean, it’s not like you’re going to change your opinion, so I’m not sure why I’m even wasting my time...

ahhh..you're still going with the "they conveniently forgot to put the paperwork on time" excuse, as a reason to give them a pass on the AJ Mccaron deal.

whatever dude..don't mean to sh t on your hero, or anything.... I hope these hires turns out great, and you can exalt Depo as the savior that should have been listened to all along.  In the meantime....continue to put blame on everyone else....guys like Freddie and Hue, and Dorsey (all the ones' who you endorsed)

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

ahhh..you're still going with the "they conveniently forgot to put the paperwork on time" excuse, as a reason to give them a pass on the AJ Mccaron deal.

whatever dude..don't mean to sh t on your hero, or anything.... I hope these hires turns out great, and you can exalt Depo as the savior that should have been listened to all along.  In the meantime....continue to put blame on everyone else....guys like Freddie and Hue, and Dorsey (all the ones' who you endorsed)

Ok.

19 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Did we really try football lifers--who reject analytics wholesale, as that sounds like the implication(?)--for the last 20 years? That sounds like a heck of a generalization. And it's pretty accepted by most in here that pretty much everyone uses some amount of analytics, as somewhere saying that even high school football uses plenty of basic analytics.

Have we had any influence of analytics until recently? We had holmgren run everything and that sucked. 

We had romeo, who put in the patriot way. 

We had butch who could cpah but not run the whole football op. 

I guess banner was an anyltics guy, put was literally the worst at pr, also couldnt find a runningback to save his life.

So which is it is the question. Like, do football lifers automatically not ever use analytics? That seems odd to suggest. most football lifers are football lifers for a reason, and that reason is that they are good at their jobs.

I dont think theu are mutually exclusive, or they shouldnt be, however with OUR football lifers they have been largely opposed to it, dorsey, hue, freddie.

We have had a heck of a time identifying who are good at their jobs, but someone being a football lifer is nothing but a positive at the very least. Now if that football lifer is hard-headed, rigid in how they do things and unwilling to grow with the times then that is another discussion.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, NudeTayne said:

So does Stefanski completely control which staff are hired or does someone else have to sign off? 🤔

I'm sure Truckstop Jimmy (and perhaps a homeless guy found sleeping in the Ashtabula Flying J Men's room) need to sign off.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, NudeTayne said:

So does Stefanski completely control which staff are hired or does someone else have to sign off? 🤔

I can’t imagine Berry or DePo demanding control of the coaching staff.

Part of hiring a guy like Stefanski is a belief that they are capable of making good decisions on their own. I think a discussion between Berry and Stefanski is a good idea, but I’d imagine Stefanski will pick his guys.