AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Based on what, exactly? A regular season record that references games played in September and October?

Based on basically every single statistical piece of evidence that exists? Idk? Prior to last weekend's game, were the Titans considered a better team in any way to the Ravens? The Ravens beat every single top team they played this season, and most of them in VERY convincing fashion. Titans barely made the playoffs.

Football is a "what have you done for me lately" business, and when it comes to the playoffs, you want to get hot at the right time. Ravens had a great regular season, no doubt, but they let it get to their heads that they are untouchable, and a more physical team walked into their house, punched them in the mouth, ate their food and took their spouse. 

I disagree. Ravens just didn't show up, and I think I detailed that pretty well in my other post above. 

If you want to call Tennessee inferior to help boost your opinion of your team, go ahead. But teams change throughout the season. The same Dolphins that you destroyed early ended up beating New England to knock them out of the bye.

And New England wasn't a very impressive team this year, either lol but Tennessee is objectively an inferior team to Baltimore. That's just sports though, teams lose to teams worse than them all the time. It's how the best sports stories are written. You guys were the better team that day, but overall Baltimore was still the better team this season. Like I said though, none of this matters because they didn't show up when they needed to, and they let a worse team beat them.

Oh lawd here we go again. "Titans barely made the playoffs" lmao this fool has got to be trolling or else cant comprehend that a team that started 2-4 under Marcus Mariota isn't the same team still in the playoffs. But hold on tight to that #1 seed! Best team in the league, even though history will forget about them!

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Oh lawd here we go again. "Titans barely made the playoffs" lmao this fool has got to be trolling or else cant comprehend that a team that started 2-4 under Marcus Mariota isn't the same team still in the playoffs. But hold on tight to that #1 seed! Best team in the league, even though history will forget about them!

I forgot, what were the repercussions for you guys losing in week 17 again? What seed were you in the playoffs again? It is a fact you barely made the playoffs. It is a fact Baltimore was a better team this year than the Titans. It is also a fact you guys were the better team last Saturday, due to literally everything going wrong for Baltimore that could go wrong (which I detailed earlier).

19 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The Titans did the lords work on Saturday.

Arent ravens fans the best?

• Like 4

Just now, -Hope- said:

can we put a moratorium on crying ravens fans in here? this thread is about teams that are actually still playing.

I really don't mean to clog the thread with irrelevant Ravens BS - originally I was just trying to say that it's understandable that KC is favored so heavily based on the context of how each team won their last week's game. That's all. Only reason I interjected was to provide that perspective as a fan of the team who lost last week to Tennessee.

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I forgot, what were the repercussions for you guys losing in week 17 again? What seed were you in the playoffs again? It is a fact you barely made the playoffs. It is a fact Baltimore was a better team this year than the Titans. It is also a fact you guys were the better team last Saturday, due to literally everything going wrong for Baltimore that could go wrong (which I detailed earlier).

No you weren't. 

BBYVfqg.img?h=315&w=600&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f

You lossed. Take that L like a man. We were the better team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In our defense, you guys needed literally everything to go wrong for us to win that game.

Oh, give me a break. You lost because the Titans were the better team and took the W from you, it wasn't handed to them. They made the plays when it mattered, you didn't. End of story.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

my larger point was that I understand why people are picking Tennessee after last weekend, but I also understand why the Chiefs should be heavily favored in this game due to the context of how the Titans won last week.

The context of how the Titans won last week? You mean laying a whooping on arguably the best team in football? You think that makes the Titans look worse? Alrighty then. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Oh, give me a break. You lost because the Titans were the better team and took the W from you, it wasn't handed to them. They made the plays when it mattered, you didn't. End of story.

Mixture of both, but yes IMO we handed them the win. It's not like we came out and played a good game but they just played better. We played like garbage, and it wasn't really the result of the Titans playing better than us in most phases (unless you think dropped passes, penalties, abandoning your identity when you're down 14 in the 1st quarter are things out of your control?).

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

The context of how the Titans won last week? You mean laying a whooping on arguably the best team in football? You think that makes the Titans look worse? Alrighty then. 

I think when you look at how many things needed to go right for them and wrong for the Ravens in order for them to win that game while playing so poorly offensively, can those things again replicate themselves against KC? I don't think so, personally.

3 hours ago, Buckweath said:

So the voting is 55-47 for Chiefs. Hard to understand. I guess people like to root for the underdog.

The Chiefs should be clear favorites for this one. I've just seen that all ESPN expert picks are for the Chiefs.

Not saying the Titans don't have any chance but at the same time a blowout win for the Chiefs would be no suprise.

yes, yes, keep this kinda **** coming

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mixture of both, but yes IMO we handed them the win. It's not like we came out and played a good game but they just played better. We played like garbage, and it wasn't really the result of the Titans playing better than us in most phases

You played like garbage because we made you play like garbage.

• Like 2