AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

45 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Still don't believe the titans are an A level team. There's no reason this game should be close if chiefs don't turn the ball over. 37-17 chiefs.

Titans' scoring over their last 10 games: TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, FG, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD. K Greg Joseph was signed in Week 16 and hasn't tried a FG.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1217811862617763842?s=20

i don't know, because this looks elite to me, especially when their red zone defense has stepped up in the playoffs. The Titans are a well-coached team and are taking advantage of situational football

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

AFCCG is one hell of a year for that team though. Can't wait to see the contract Tannehill gets.

34M per year for 3 years, all guaranteed is my guess.

For Mahomes probably 42M per year over 5 years, 210M total with 175M guaranteed.

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

AFCCG is one hell of a year for that team though. Can't wait to see the contract Tannehill gets.

Franchise tag should be the play, but if they give a five year deal that is really a two year deal with a reasonable hit the for those two, that makes sense as well.  

I really wouldn't be committing to him more than a year in preference, but two isn't so bad

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Franchise tag should be the play, but if they give a five year deal that is really a two year deal with a reasonable hit the for those two, that makes sense as well.  

I really wouldn't be committing to him more than a year in preference, but two isn't so bad

I’d give Tanny 3 years at Market Rate no issues. Just had a Top 3 QB season and looked legit in every way. Most YPA in SB Era History, throwing dimes everywhere, monster 3rd down conversion %, throwing bombs, and most importantly throwing guys open with impeccable timing. Which is a Franchise QB trait. Tannehil could help or hurt his stock in this AFCCG title game though. If he looks terrible, then he might not get what I just described. 

The QB who I think should get a tag is Dak. You definitely can’t let him walk but I’d feel highly uncomfortable giving him 33-34M per year over 4 years. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tagging Henry makes a ton of sense too though. Put him in another contract year for just 10M.

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Tagging Henry makes a ton of sense too though. Put him in another contract year for just 10M.

teams can use both franchise tags and transition tags because it's the last year of the cba. So you can tag both, effectively. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d give Tanny 3 years at Market Rate no issues. Just had a Top 3 QB season and looked legit in every way. Most YPA in SB Era History, throwing dimes everywhere, monster 3rd down conversion %, throwing bombs, and most importantly throwing guys open with impeccable timing. Which is a Franchise QB trait. Tannehil could help or hurt his stock in this AFCCG title game though. If he looks terrible, then he might not get what I just described. 

The QB who I think should get a tag is Dak. You definitely can’t let him walk but I’d feel highly uncomfortable giving him 33-34M per year over 4 years. 

Yeah, I'm not doing that with regards to fully guaranteed and 3 years. 6 years as a largely mediocre starter versus 10 games of play level that I think are going to be very difficult to sustain (9.6 YPA is Mahomes and better territory. He's simply not going to sustain that in my opinion). This is the type of play that the franchise tag is great for. If they want to give him a Jimmy G type deal though, I'm okay with that. Basically, the 49ers "purchased" a 3 year option on Jimmy G at below market rate for 20-22 (24 million per, basically) for 10 million. The first two years of the deal / guaranteed money were tagging him twice + 10 million. So they paid 10 million up front on the first two years, but honestly, they are probably saving 5 million or more on each of the last three years of the deal. 

Obviously, it could have blown up in their face, but effectively, they could have cut him after last season, just a year into his deal, and saved money this year. The structure had no real ramifications long term, which is atypical for quarterbacks since the amount of money they get is absurd. They spent one year underwater on the deal (the first year). If they were to cut him next season, they'd have all of 4 million dead cap in 2020 from him. 

If the Titans can structure a long term deal along those lines, I don't have a problem with that.