Conference Championship GDT - Packers at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

16 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Went to go scope out the game day thread in the Packers' forum.  I feel obligated to warn anyone who is about to do the same.

You remember back in school when your teacher didn't show up and the class is waiting for the substitute to show up and everyone is doing whatever they want because there is no one there to keep it under control?  Yeah, it's kind of like that.  lol

I love their game day threads lol

It also just so happens that I'm cordial with a weird number of their fan base in other forums (squire, Malf and I play mafia together; finn plays in random games, others as well) though. So I feel pretty comfortable going in there and just chit chatting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I love their game day threads lol

It also just so happens that I'm cordial with a weird number of their fan base in other forums (squire, Malf and I play mafia together; finn plays in random games, others as well) though. So I feel pretty comfortable going in there and just chit chatting. 

They seem like a fun crowd.  I'm just saying....  If you're going there hoping for a lot of football discussion about the upcoming game, you'll be disappointed.  lol

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

McVay had a really good game plan the second time around. Of course, our defense was reeling at that time and had guys playing that shouldn't have been playing. But I don't think that is a bad thing for LaFleur to do. Why? We stymied Goff in the first meeting similar to what we did to Rodgers. 

I'm expecting Rodgers to try to get to the edges early and often. The ends need to be very disciplined....talk to you Mr. Bosa! 

In principle, I don't like a team talking to other active coaches around the league to help for their game plan. You do your own coaching, McVay shouldn't have to help you. We're not playing the Packers AND the Rams. We're only playing the packers. I know all coaches know each other and talk to each other, so Kyle has probably talked to his buddies around the league. Maybe he even called McVay as well for advice, since they're friends as well. Just imagine that! McVay helping two teams destroy each other! I guess it cancels out, then. So in the end, the best players will win. And that's us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

In principle, I don't like a team talking to other active coaches around the league to help for their game plan. You do your own coaching, McVay shouldn't have to help you. We're not playing the Packers AND the Rams. We're only playing the packers. I know all coaches know each other and talk to each other, so Kyle has probably talked to his buddies around the league. Maybe he even called McVay as well for advice, since they're friends as well. Just imagine that! McVay helping two teams destroy each other! I guess it cancels out, then. So in the end, the best players will win. And that's us.

I completely disagree about Shanny calling up another coach for advice. He definitely doesn't strike me as the type of personality that would be comfortable asking another coach for gameplanning ideas or help. Just don't see that happening. Shanny has been calling plays and gameplanning at a very high level, for a good amount of time. I don't think he needs any advice nor trusts anyone elses advice except for his dad. 

LaFluer's a different story. He's new to this so maybe he lends on a friend for stragedy and what not. But there are certain coaches....Reid, Belichick, Peyton and Shanny that I just think have done it all and seen it all to where coaches call them....not the other way around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I completely disagree about Shanny calling up another coach for advice. He definitely doesn't strike me as the type of personality that would be comfortable asking another coach for gameplanning ideas or help. Just don't see that happening. Shanny has been calling plays and gameplanning at a very high level, for a good amount of time. I don't think he needs any advice nor trusts anyone elses advice except for his dad. 

LaFluer's a different story. He's new to this so maybe he lends on a friend for stragedy and what not. But there are certain coaches....Reid, Belichick, Peyton and Shanny that I just think have done it all and seen it all to where coaches call them....not the other way around.

I agree the only person I can see is his dad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I have no issues with it. Coaches talk all of the time. It happens literally every single week in the NFL. 

Lets keep in mind Kyle talks with his dad on a semi-regular basis. Some might call that an unfair advantage. 

The fact this came out publicly is pretty laughable to me to be honest. Its like either Lafleur is clueless on what to put in his gameplan or mcvay is trying to steal his thunder lol 

ALSO - I think theres a strong chance that kyle talked with BB before the superbowl last year. clearly they have a good relationship so its really not far fetched. 

AND if we are fortunate enough to play in MIA, I would hope BB would tell us everything he knows about the titans or chiefs

Edited by N4L

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

San Francisco is the most overrated city in the world and is the homeless center of the world.

The only thing I will say about this is the fact that I commented last Saturday that the weather reminded me of Candlestick just after Halloween. Candlestick in late December/January was pretty cold because its the only time of the year hunters point gets any fog. (hunters point = the SF neighborhood that housed the stick)

Candlestick the rest of the year though? picture perfect temperature with a light breeze. Thats how the weather felt a few days ago in Santa Clara. 

So, thats cool.