2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

PJ Hall

Hall, who was dominant for three days of Shrine practice, measured 6-1/308 pounds. He touched an impressive 38 inches in the vertical jump, reached 9-feet-8-inches in the broad jump and completed 36 reps on the bench.

"His first forty-time clocked under 4.8s (4.76s on a few watches) into the wind while his second attempt, with the wind, was under 4.7s (4.68s on a few watches)."

these are some impressive numbers... Rather take a look at him in the 4th/5th than draft Vea at 10. Vea just isnt a top 10 guy to me, again because of his lack of sack production. Can't justify a top 10 pick on a guy who won't provide pass rush frequently IMO. Or grab DT in 2nd.. just not sold on VEA. Dont want a run stuffer in top 10

49 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Heard we're checking out mike boone rb/wr from cinci bearcats nice pro day #s 42 in vert

I didn't know anything about him til now. Looks like a spark plug. Great with the ball in his hands. One of those guys where his draft value will be wildly different on different boards. Could be any impact player tho.

19 minutes ago, roi34 said:

PJ Hall

Hall, who was dominant for three days of Shrine practice, measured 6-1/308 pounds. He touched an impressive 38 inches in the vertical jump, reached 9-feet-8-inches in the broad jump and completed 36 reps on the bench.
"His first forty-time clocked under 4.8s (4.76s on a few watches) into the wind while his second attempt, with the wind, was under 4.7s (4.68s on a few watches)."

Belicheck was reportedly interected as well. That makes me interested haha

One player i was high on was DT Nathan Shepherd out of Fort Hays State. After he hurted his hand i haven't heard anything about.I miss him at the combine but here is his numbers.And my other question is what round you think he gets pick in sounds like a Reggie kinda pick .I know he's from a small school but I really think he will be able to hold his own in the league 

HT 6'5 / 315 lbs 

40 Yard Dash: 5.09 sec

Vertical jump: 31.0 inch

Broad jump:  112.0 

3 Cone drill : 7.50 

20 Yard shuttle: 4.53 

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

PJ Hall

these are some impressive numbers... Rather take a look at him in the 4th/5th than draft Vea at 10. Vea just isnt a top 10 guy to me, again because of his lack of sack production. Can't justify a top 10 pick on a guy who won't provide pass rush frequently IMO. Or grab DT in 2nd.. just not sold on VEA. Dont want a run stuffer in top 10

He didn't get sack production because he was doubled/tripled in the interior. He made everyone around him better and he'll be playing next to Mack in Oakland. He will collapse the pocket on pass plays and dominate the line of scrimmage when teams try to run. He can anchor the middle for 10+ years. I think it would be a great pick.

39 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He didn't get sack production because he was doubled/tripled in the interior. He made everyone around him better and he'll be playing next to Mack in Oakland. He will collapse the pocket on pass plays and dominate the line of scrimmage when teams try to run. He can anchor the middle for 10+ years. I think it would be a great pick.

Now the question is how far will he rise? Can he be had in the 3rd? Will someone love him and take him in the second before guys like Nnadi, and Harrison?

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Now the question is how far will he rise? Can he be had in the 3rd? Will someone love him and take him in the second before guys like Nnadi, and Harrison?

I mean Vea LOL. I don't know about this "sleeper", I'll look at him, but I doubt I would pass Vea because he could be had later.

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean Vea LOL. I don't know about this "sleeper", I'll look at him, but I doubt I would pass Vea because he could be had later.

I didn't say we should take him haha. I'm still team trade down/Vea/Ward. Just wondering where he'll land.

Have you actually watched his highlights? Vea is a man among boys most of the time, strong ,fast and athletic. He's been timed at 4.8/4.9 at 347 and 6'41/2" ? The strength shows on tape as well as the bench (constantly busting guards up off their feet with that humpove, stonewalling a dbl team and making tackles with a spare paw ???) Even if his timed 40 is 5.1 his football speed is awesome for a man his size, and he's as athletic as Suh or wilfork, he played RB and WCQB in HS? At 280lbs? This also is a bonus because he's only played DL 3 yrs, he has talent and upside . Prolly 20 yrs old rt now. And the Pacific island boys are raised right so no drama/legal/attitude issues.  Been wanting him since I first watched his tapes in late dec. Haven't wavered since. Will make our defense better as a whole more than any other player not named Bradley Chubb . This is a no brainier. Well still prolly draft another DT later as well.

11 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

But Smith doesn't fit the position we'd need him to play in PG system. He'd upgrade the Wlb position but your gripe about ignoring the mlb position would still be in affect without bowman.

I am under the assumption Bowman will be back. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Vea is a classic Al Davis pick... let's draft the fastest abs and playmakers, and lets draft the biggest lineman looool.. it's 2018

You have clearly not watched a single game Vea has played in. Your so far off base on who you think he is it's crazy. 

Archived