2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

18 minutes ago, thelawoffices said:

Ronald Jones II in the 2nd if he's there, please. 

I’m not nearly as impressed with Jones as I am with Guice, Michel, Chubb, and Harris. Ultimately, I could easily see Jones get pushed to round 3.

He reminds me of Dalvin Cook without some of the speed and power.

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

For those who want a RB, what's the earliest round you'd want a RB to be drafted?

Depends on where they are drafting. But rounds 1-4 depending on who's there. 

If they are picking top 10 and Barkley was available, then I'd take him. He's a true blue chip, franchise altering back. He'd elevate the offense and Derek Carr to another level. Best RB prospect I've seen since Adrian Peterson.  Otherwise, round 2. Nick Chubb. Round 3-4 a couple guys I like there.

Still wish they'd have taken Kamara. Was pounding the table for him all last offseason. He's basically what they want Richard and Washington to be. Total package. 

Starting to look towards the draft now, hoping we push the front 7 in the early rounds. 

Don't see us picking early enough for Barkley and don't like any of the LT's in the middle of round 1 and I wouldn't spend another early pick on a DB unless Minkah or Derwin James falls to us but that's very unlikely. Those two are my favorite players in the whole draft at this point. 

I'd really like to invest in a pass rusher (edge or DT). Going to start looking into these guys while doing some light looking elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Starting to look towards the draft now, hoping we push the front 7 in the early rounds. 

Don't see us picking early enough for Barkley and don't like any of the LT's in the middle of round 1 and I wouldn't spend another early pick on a DB unless Minkah or Derwin James falls to us but that's very unlikely. Those two are my favorite players in the whole draft at this point. 

I'd really like to invest in a pass rusher (edge or DT). Going to start looking into these guys while doing some light looking elsewhere. 

As far as edge rushers go, start with Harold Landry and Arden Key as those will be the guys likely within the Raiders’ range. I’m personally a big Landry fan and think he deserves top 15 consideration.

Interior player who might be better than both is Maurice Hurst. Amazing strength inside.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

As far as edge rushers go, start with Harold Landry and Arden Key as those will be the guys likely within the Raiders’ range. I’m personally a big Landry fan and think he deserves top 15 consideration.

Interior player who might be better than both is Maurice Hurst. Amazing strength inside.

Those 2 are huge talents. If one of them falls to us, I'll be very pleased.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Those 2 are huge talents. If one of them falls to us, I'll be very pleased.

I think Key goes high because of his athleticism. Landry will put up a rediculous 3-cone but he’s not a WR-like freak like Key. Plus, injuries wil push Landry down.

20 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm starting to like the potential in the 2nd/3rd round at receiver. Michael Gallup, Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Auden Tate, Simmie Cobbs, Anthony Miller, etc. Slot/3rd receiver has been a debilitating position for the offense this season.

He's a 1st. Guy has a lot of Reggie Wayne in his game.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's a 1st. Guy has a lot of Reggie Wayne in his game.

I think he’ll have to test very well to go in the first round. He seems like more of an internet scout guy than an NFL type guy. Slight built and not being featured in Alabama’s offense will push him down. 

Ultimately, I think only Sutton goes in round 1.

18 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think he’ll have to test very well to go in the first round. He seems like more of an internet scout guy than an NFL type guy. Slight built and not being featured in Alabama’s offense will push him down. 

Ultimately, I think only Sutton goes in round 1.

Don't disagree. But he's a pure route runner, with speed and good hands. Alabama's running offense take a lot away from him. He will test well and be late 1 at worst IMO. Too much talent to pass on and will beef up before the combine you can assume. 

On 11/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, Rich7sena said:

I'm starting to like the potential in the 2nd/3rd round at receiver. Michael Gallup, Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Auden Tate, Simmie Cobbs, Anthony Miller, etc. Slot/3rd receiver has been a debilitating position for the offense this season.

Only a horrible combine will stop Kirk from going in the first round IMO.

Archived