Thank You AFC

Ryan_W

This is the first year the AFC has been competitive in a long time. I thought every team outside the Bills (no offense) had a VERY legit shot to go to the Super Bowl. 

2018 was, Pats or Chiefs? And I picked Pats. 

2017, I had Pats as the only team that had a shot of making SB. 

2016, once again, I had only the Pats. Rest of the AFC was garbage, especially with Carr injured. 

2015 was Denver or Pats. Rest of AFC garbage. 

2014 was Pats or Denver, rest of AFC garbage. Though Colts did upset the Broncos. 

2013 was Pats or Denver, again. 

2012 was the last year we had parity. Broncos, Pats, Ravens, and Texans all had a VERY LEGIT shot at making the Super Bowl. 

Pats and Bronco fans may claim they were just really dominant, which is partly true, but the AFC was garbage the past seven seasons. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

youfinallyput some quality product on the field for sure.

super exciting games

I apologise for the Saints early exit & Seahawk injuries.

you can have the cup now

You do realize this isn't the CFL thread, right? Not the Hockey Forum?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Games have been good without the predictability of the Pats lying in wait.

However your celebrating the balance of power shifting from Foxborough to running through Kansas City for most season over the upcoming decade. That's how good Mahomes is.

Deshaun isn't on Mahomes level but he's gonna be playing with one armed tied behind his back as long as BOB is his head-coach.

Edited by Magnifico

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

This is the first year the AFC has been competitive in a long time. I thought every team outside the Bills (no offense) had a VERY legit shot to go to the Super Bowl. 

2018 was, Pats or Chiefs? And I picked Pats. 

2017, I had Pats as the only team that had a shot of making SB. 

2016, once again, I had only the Pats. Rest of the AFC was garbage, especially with Carr injured. 

2015 was Denver or Pats. Rest of AFC garbage. 

2014 was Pats or Denver, rest of AFC garbage. Though Colts did upset the Broncos. 

2013 was Pats or Denver, again. 

2012 was the last year we had parity. Broncos, Pats, Ravens, and Texans all had a VERY LEGIT shot at making the Super Bowl. 

Pats and Bronco fans may claim they were just really dominant, which is partly true, but the AFC was garbage the past seven seasons. 

Chargers were very good in 2018 but choked in the playoffs. In 2014 Ravens almost upset Pats. Also in 2017 Steelers and the surprise Jags made the Pats sweat pretty hard in their games. But overall, I agree with the lack of parody in the AFC over the last several years. Those Alex Smith Chief teams and the Bengals in a few of those years weren't imposing playoff teams. Its a testament to how good the Pats (and Broncos) were in those years, though.

Edited by Slingin' Sammy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Chargers were very good in 2018 but choked in the playoffs. In 2014 Ravens almost upset Pats. Also in 2017 Steelers and the surprise Jags made the Pats sweat pretty hard in their games. But overall, I agree with the lack of parody in the AFC over the last several years. Its a testament to how good the Pats (and Broncos) were in those years, though.

Jags with Blake were not getting past the Pats with any lead. And the 2017 Steelers are one of the worst 13-3 teams ever. Just like the Packers this year. Although I’m rooting for GB to go to the SB for sure. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jags with Blake were not getting past the Pats with any lead. And the 2017 Steelers are one of the worst 13-3 teams ever. Just like the Packers this year. Although I’m rooting for GB to go to the SB for sure. 

Eh, they may have played down to their level of competition, but they still won those games, which was not the case with other recent Steeler teams. They were a Jesse James TD away from having home field, with the Jags having to play the Pats in the divisional round if that was the case. The Pats weren't a great 13-3 that year, either.

None of this excuses the defensive meltdown they had against the Jags in the divisional round.

Edited by Slingin' Sammy

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

This is the first year the AFC has been competitive in a long time.

What is the short-term memory loss is happening here?

2018, Pats had to travel to KC's stadium...awesome OT AFC title game. OT as in overtime. Like the score was tied, ie competitive. 

2017, Pats were trailing 17-10 in the 4th quarter in the AFC title game to the upstart Jags and then again 20-17. Very competitive affair as the Jags had the lead til 2:50 remaining. As in 2:50 remaining in the game with the Jags in the lead, ie competitive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

What is the short-term memory loss is happening here?

2018, Pats had to travel to KC's stadium...awesome OT AFC title game. OT as in overtime. Like the score was tied, ie competitive. 

2017, Pats were trailing 17-10 in the 4th quarter in the AFC title game to the upstart Jags and then again 20-17. Very competitive affair as the Jags had the lead til 2:50 remaining. As in 2:50 remaining in the game with the Jags in the lead, ie competitive. 

Maybe re-read my post. I said 2018 was Pats or Chiefs. Two teams is not competitive. 

2017, Jags were not beating the Pats with any lead. Even if you think the Jags were better than what they actually were (they aren’t) that’s still only two teams.