Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Best part about first is that I get to go twice in a row.  Now hopefully two critical cameo roles won’t get picked before my next pick.  The very idea for this movie came thanks to these two, and if I don’t get them, even though they are only in the first five minutes, I’ll be bummed.  

If you want to PM me them so I know to avoid them (or that I need to recast something on my end), I will. 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Ah.  Well, I guess just don't do one in the style of Macbeth.  We don't know how expansive the curse is.

Fair enough. It's also not probably a true tragedy in the Shakespearean sense, just a very tragic story with Shakespearean elements.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont even know what I am doing yet.... 

When does the draft start?

Unofficially, Outpost and Elky have made picks

Officially we haven’t begun and probably won’t begin until I get out of this snow storm  

On 1/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, Dome said:

Draft Rules 

This will be very similar to a snake draft, however I will be picking at the end of each round to assure that I’m not trying to pick up actors from other participant’s big boards. 

Participants will be expected to send in a big board each round if there is a chance they won’t be around for more than 8 or so hours as we approach their pick. This will ensure that the draft moves as quickly as possible. Participants who aren’t making picks in a timely fashion and aren’t sending in big boards will likely have their pick skipped. Skipped picks can be made at any time when that participant returns. 

Selections 

Each actor may have a total of 6 points spent on them, once they have reached that cap they will no longer be able to sign up for new films. They are also capped at 3 films each. If an actor has been drafted to 3 films they cannot be drafted again even if they haven’t had 6 points spent on them yet.

You spend points on actors by drafting them with your draft picks. The point values (or for crew members, the number of films they’re available to work) for each round are shown below.

When you sign an actor to you film, please categorize them as a leading actor, a supporting actor, or a minor side role.

Round - Points

1st and 2nd Round - 6 points 

3rd and 4th Round - 5 points 

5th and 6th Round - 4 points

7th and 8th Round - 3 points

9th and 10th Round - 2 points 

After the 10th Round - 1 Point 

Crew:

Director (One film per director)

Writer/Composer/Producer/Lighting/Effects/Cinematography/etc. etc.(Two Films each)

Can this happen later?

• Like 1