Chargers TE Antonio Gates retires

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

He was going to turn 40 this year, nothing left to play I guess.

I was just making a joke, at any point in the last 5 years if he announced his retirement, I wouldn’t have been surprised. And speaking of which, once 47 y/o Adam Vinatieri officially hangs em up, my heart will be shattered 

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He didnt play at all in 2019 and in 2018 he started 1 game and had 300 yards receiving on the year....easy to forget.

He was so slow at that point to, yet somehow got open despite these young guys trying to cover him. It was baffling. I made at least one comment that players must be in on letting him set the TE TD record because his physical skills were so diminished and yet here he is standing alone with no one around him for 8 yards. Dude made some ninja catches over his career. So much fun to watch. Hopefully we start seeing a new crop of exciting TE’s now that we’ve lost Gonzo, Gronk, Gates, Sharpe and Witten. 

Kelce is easily the best in the league right now. I don’t even know who I’d put at 2. Kelce is nowhere near the previous five I mentioned. 

Edited by Boltstrikes

It’s impressive how long he managed to stick around. Amazing career, any later than first ballot would be a crock.

53 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Kelce is easily the best in the league right now. I don’t even know who I’d put at 2. Kelce is nowhere near the previous five I mentioned. 

If you have Kelce #1 then George Kittle must be #2. After those two I feel there’s a pretty significant gap.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:19 PM, Tyty said:

I was just making a joke, at any point in the last 5 years if he announced his retirement, I wouldn’t have been surprised. And speaking of which, once 47 y/o Adam Vinatieri officially hangs em up, my heart will be shattered 

It's happening this year. I would bet money on it.