Would you take Odell Beckham? And what would you be willing to give up for him?

brownie man

19 minutes ago, bzane said:

I'll suggest, as a Giants' fan, that, obscured by Odell's boyish high-jinks and loose-cannon behavior, has been that he was was never quite the same All-World receiver after his high-ankle sprain. Still a very talented player, but I thought a bit was taken off his top-end speed and out-of-the-cuts acceleration.

There's certainly the drama to consider, but it may also be that Odell  just isn't as tremendous as he was his first couple of years.

This. He lost half a step even before he was traded. And then he ended that season missing two games with another leg injury before he was traded to the Browns.

I love watching OBJ play his first three seasons. He was the most exciting player I've ever seen in a Giants uniform. But as it goes with Giants receivers, the injury bug hit early in his career.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bzane said:

I'll suggest, as a Giants' fan, that, obscured by Odell's boyish high-jinks and loose-cannon behavior, has been that he was was never quite the same All-World receiver after his high-ankle sprain. Still a very talented player, but I thought a bit was taken off his top-end speed and out-of-the-cuts acceleration.

There's certainly the drama to consider, but it may also be that Odell  just isn't as tremendous as he was his first couple of years.

This is what would worry me about drafting Jeudy.

• Like 1

Top 5-10 WR who had a down year because his QB played like trash. I'm sure plenty of teams would take him. The contract would limit any returns for the Browns.

Wait for the off-season or look at Antonio Brown. When the NFL players are getting arrested all over the shop OBJ's antics will pale in comparison to some of the upcoming stupidity.

3 hours ago, Magnifico said:

Top 5-10 WR who had a down year because his QB played like trash. I'm sure plenty of teams would take him. The contract would limit any returns for the Browns.

Wait for the off-season or look at Antonio Brown. When the NFL players are getting arrested all over the shop OBJ's antics will pale in comparison to some of the upcoming stupidity.

He’s had 3 straight down years for what’s considered to be an elite WR.  

• Like 2