Bears hire John DeFlippo as QB Coach

.Buzz

Ok Chicago I like this. DeFilippo has been an awful OC but really pleased with bringing him in as QB coach. Lazor surely then has a bigger part to play in the run game than we thought, Castillo must be focusing on OL alone rather than implementing the run game, or else with Ragone as passing co-ordinator, what does Lazor even bring apart from being an extra mind in the room?

Hoping this doesn't mean we're going after Foles...

I like this move for a couple of reasons

1. He is credited in Philly with a lot of technique work with Wentz and improving his feet. Mitch desperately needs that.

2. It is a different voice that will be primarily in Mitch's ear, a different approach.

3. He knows the system

4. He will be here when we draft the next QB.

• Like 3

I didn't know much about the Castillo or Lazor signings, so I'm indifferent about them other than they are at least different than who we had (seemed to be massively failing), but this move is fantastic. This for me allows us to have a definitive answer to if Tru can be a franchise QB or not. I'm not sold he will be (quite the opposite still TBH), but for the next QB in 2021 we also have one of the best QB coaches in the game for him. 

Now I'm even more determined to see the farm for the potential franchise QB in 2021. 

Super excited. 

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I love the offseason.  Great moves. Great hires.

Right after a lost game: Fire everyone!

Yep. And it's nothing new really. It's in our nature.  Remember when we were all excited about Martz, Marinelli , Tice? Or even when we got Helfrich and hiestand.

This is Bears fans in the off-season 

source.gif

This is Bears fans after one loss.

source.gif

• Like 5

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yep. And it's nothing new really. It's in our nature.  Remember when we were all excited about Martz, Marinelli , Tice? Or even when we got Helfrich and hiestand.

This is Bears fans in the off-season 

source.gif

This is Bears fans after one loss.

source.gif

LOL

It's actually pretty entertaining to see the high's and low's throughout each season.

People's opinions tend to sway after each good or bad game and are pretty erratic overall, myself included.  We're all human after all.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

LOL

It's actually pretty entertaining to see the high's and low's throughout each season.

People's opinions tend to sway after each good or bad game and are pretty erratic overall, myself included.  We're all human after all.

Every fan base is like that. I have a ton of clients who are Cowboy fans and they were looking for hotels for the Superbowl after their start and at the end just wanted Garrett to be fired.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

In our defense, we had no idea that Martz was incapable of coaching without All-Pros at several key positions...

I wasn't excited about Martz at all. He was washed up and his scheme didn't really fit what we had on offense. 

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

I wasn't excited about Martz at all. He was washed up and his scheme didn't really fit what we had on offense. 

I don't know if he was washed up or not (although I don't think he coached again, right?), but he did seem to be completely unable to adapt to his players. 

57 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

To be fair, there wasn't much upside to having Knox, Hester, and Bennett as his top 3 WRs. lol

He should have used Olsen much more though and would have been better to have been moved to a full-time slot WR than to be traded for a 3rd. I don't think any coach could have made that a 10-15 ranked offense (not counting all the ST TDs of course).