Jump to content

Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)


goldfishwars
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Man, yeah hadn't thought about that angle - but it'll be interesting to see how much Lamar impacts AFC North draft picks. 

We had about a year head start on the other teams, but I fully expect the rest of the teams in the division to catch up when it comes to speed on their defenses in the next year or so. Fortunately the faster guys on D that would be able to stop Lamar tend to be smaller and typically won't be able to deal with Ingram/Edwards plowing head first into them all game, but unfortunately Simmons is going to be an exception to that rule with his size.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This might be dumb, but do teams in situations like this just not put Burrow and Young on their board, or is Okudah above them?

Think he's even above them, at least that's what it sounds like.

Obviously QB (if that's what your targeting) ends up trumping things if you think he's a franchise guy. But as far as the top overall player it sounds like it's Okudah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Think he's even above them, at least that's what it sounds like.

Obviously QB (if that's what your targeting) ends up trumping things if you think he's a franchise guy. But as far as the top overall player it sounds like it's Okudah.

Interesting. I assumed that, but was curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This might be dumb, but do teams in situations like this just not put Burrow and Young on their board, or is Okudah above them?

I'd assume teams would take players off the board if they didn't realistically expect to see them available.  I mean, if you're Baltimore, do you waste time doing any research into Joe Burrow?  Why the Jaguars would take him off the board, that I couldn't answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'd assume teams would take players off the board if they didn't realistically expect to see them available.  I mean, if you're Baltimore, do you waste time doing any research into Joe Burrow?  Why the Jaguars would take him off the board, that I couldn't answer.

It doesn't sound like they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd assume teams would take players off the board if they didn't realistically expect to see them available.  I mean, if you're Baltimore, do you waste time doing any research into Joe Burrow?  Why the Jaguars would take him off the board, that I couldn't answer.

Yes, because he's most likely going to be the QBOTF of a division rival for the next decade. 

Obviously that "research" would look different, both in motivation and time spent, but I'd imagine those regional scouts are still getting as much info on him as they reasonably can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd assume teams would take players off the board if they didn't realistically expect to see them available.  I mean, if you're Baltimore, do you waste time doing any research into Joe Burrow?  Why the Jaguars would take him off the board, that I couldn't answer.

Teams will do research even on a guy they know they won't get because 1. they'll probably end up playing against him and 2. they go back to those notes when players become FAs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Teams will do research even on a guy they know they won't get because 1. they'll probably end up playing against him and 2. they go back to those notes when players become FAs.

I'm talking about actually meaningful resources being invested.  Pre-COVID19 we'd be talking about flying them in for a few days of wine and dine and pampering all of their needs. Would you if you were the Ravens use those resources?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm talking about actually meaningful resources being invested.  Pre-COVID19 we'd be talking about flying them in for a few days of wine and dine and pampering all of their needs. Would you if you were the Ravens use those resources?

Oh no, I'm not using one of my personal meetings on Burrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Oh no, I'm not using one of my personal meetings on Burrow.

That's my point.  If you realistically aren't going to be able to select a player, you're not going to invest your resources int hem.  It's a bit dated, but there were a few GMs who didn't do their research into Aaron Rodgers because they didn't think he'd be available when they picked.  And when their pick came up and he was on their board, they weren't confident enough in their process to select him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...