Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Is this an age joke? Rodgers has two elite and two good not great years left in him in my opinion. Niners would be going all in for the Super  Bowl next two years, before their window isn’t quite as good anymore. 

No, it’s a Kyle Shanahan joke. 

Someone asked him a question about Jimmy’s status on the roster and he said “I can’t even guarantee anyone will be alive on Sunday”. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

In the last hour, Justin Fields' odds at #3 have gone from +500 to +1000, +1000 to +700, +700 to +450. 

I've never really seen such fluctuations before. Crazy. 

I know absolutely nothing about betting really. About odds or anything. 

But these crazy fluctuations for all of these guys doesn't really mean anything, right? It's just the bets that are flying in from people. It feels like some are using it as a sign to "look... Lance IS the guy after all!" but it seems to be nothing informed. Can someone explain to me the significance?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

But these crazy fluctuations for all of these guys doesn't really mean anything, right? It's just the bets that are flying in from people. It feels like some are using it as a sign to "look... Lance IS the guy after all!" but it seems to be nothing informed. Can someone explain to me the significance?

Exactly that. If Lance’s odds come in, it likely just means a pro-gambler has placed a large wager on him and they’re rebalancing their books. Their aim is to hedge their position so that they make the same profit regardless of who is actually picked. 

• Like 2

Report just came out saying Raiders plan to move up, and we’re never in trade up rumors. 

I have a feeling at the end of this night, either Justin Fields or Aaron Rodgers will be a Las Vegas Raider. It’s going to happen. 

This is going to be the most insane draft night ever. 

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Aaron Rodgers' trade "wish list" is the 49ers, Broncos and Raiders. 

Florio reports it's "not necessarily in that order," but that he was hoping the Packers would work something out when the 49ers contacted them earlier this week. Florio also says the report is via an "unimpeachable source." ESPN's Adam Schefter reports teams have reached out this offseason, but that no one has made a formal offer. Schefter's ex-colleague Trey Wingo reports the Packers told Rodgers he would be dealt before walking it back, leading to the current imbroglio. The Packers are not breaking publicly yet, but it is difficult to see how this genie goes back in the bottle. 

The full blurb. The tidbit about them saying he would be dealt and then walking it back is really interesting.

37 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Yes, it doesn't mean anything in terms of what the niners are doing. This is all based on what the bettors are doing. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Report just came out saying Raiders plan to move up, and we’re never in trade up rumors. 

I have a feeling at the end of this night, either Justin Fields or Aaron Rodgers will be a Las Vegas Raider. It’s going to happen. 

This is going to be the most insane draft night ever. 

Rooting for you in the Rodgers sweepstakes.