Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

31 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Can anyone tell me why the Lions and Texans, if they are ultimately picking in the top-3 like they are now, wouldn't each take a QB? Besides ineptitude and/or false faith in Mills and Goff.

Because no QB in this class is worth doing so for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Can anyone tell me why the Lions and Texans, if they are ultimately picking in the top-3 like they are now, wouldn't each take a QB? Besides ineptitude and/or false faith in Mills and Goff.

Well, if they don't love any of the QBs in this Draft and don't think that they have a situation where a young QB could succeed, makes perfect sense to pass.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I am expecting 1 QB to go top-6, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 (trade up).

I think this class will surprise some people.

Corral is the only feasible guy to go that high, and even then it seems rich.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think QB1 probably goes somewhere in that 8-12 range.

That's pretty much the consensus right now right? The thing is, I know NFL FOs love the senior bowl, and Pickett, Ridder, Strong, and Willis will all be there. I think there is a high chance one of them gets (based on the current consensus board) overdrafted, which I think causes another team to move up for whoever they like as well.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I've read some articles recently that insinuate that Ridder is the consensus #1 guy and that it isn't necessarily close.

I actually like Ridder, but I don’t see him going that high.

Think most of the list you just mentioned end up being 2nd/3rd round guys or fall from now til draft time. Think only Corral and Ridder, with an outside chance of Pickett (who will be heavily scrutinized over the draft period imo, especially with his reported hand size) have any chance at being taken round 1.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Corral is the only feasible guy to go that high, and even then it seems rich.

Corral is probably the "safest" bet to go first.  I think it's really down to 3 (Corral, Willis, and Strong), but again I'd bet outside the top 12 rather then a top 12 pick being used if I were betting.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Corral is probably the "safest" bet to go first.  I think it's really down to 3 (Corral, Willis, and Strong), but again I'd bet outside the top 12 rather then a top 12 pick being used if I were betting.

Interesting on you still thinking Willis can. A few months back I was with you but not anymore.

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That's pretty much the consensus right now right? The thing is, I know NFL FOs love the senior bowl, and Pickett, Ridder, Strong, and Willis will all be there. I think there is a high chance one of them gets (based on the current consensus board) overdrafted, which I think causes another team to move up for whoever they like as well.

I think there's really 3 trains of thoughts.  One, we're heading for the '13 draft were we see a QB go mid-first round and then a HUGE drop off.  Two, we start to see some momentum towards the Senior Bowl and pre-draft process.  Or three, we see that first QB off in that 8-12 range and then a small gap but we see teams value that 5th year option highly and we see maneuvering in that 20-28 range.  Think the last option is the most likely.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Interesting on you still thinking Willis can. A few months back I was with you but not anymore.

I think we're going to see a LOT of talk about Josh Allen and how the NFL misevaluated his situation with regards to his draft stock.  I'm in the same boat as you in terms of Willis' eval I believe, and I'd probably take him Day 2 if I liked my QB situation to develop him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd bet really good money on a QB being taken top-12. I'm telling you, just wait until after the Senior Bowl. Now, all bets are off if those 4 guys just absolutely flounder, but I could see a team falling in love with one of them and taking him early. Scouts and GMs go nuts for the Senior Bowl. Do we know who is coaching it yet?