Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

I'm willing to bet that if Ickey/Neal are available at 5, they are the pick for the Giants. If not, they don't draft an OL at 5 or 7. There are too many other needs at premium positions (EDGE, DB) and too many talented guys to reach for Cross or Penning that early. Sauce, Hamilton, Thibs, Walker would all be great picks that match need without needing to reach.

• Like 2

I don’t remember a year where so many first round picks have changed hands before the draft.

An entire quarter of the league doesn’t have a first rounder (CHI, DEN, MIA, SF, LAR, LV, IND and CLE)

Six teams have two first rounders (KC, GB, DET, HOU and both NY teams)

The Eagles have three firsts.

Only just over half the league (17 teams) have the standard one first round pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

I don’t remember a year where so many first round picks have changed hands before the draft.

An entire quarter of the league doesn’t have a first rounder (CHI, DEN, MIA, SF, LAR, LV, IND and CLE)

Six teams have two first rounders (KC, GB, DET, HOU and both NY teams)

The Eagles have three firsts.

Only just over half the league (17 teams) have the standard one first round pick.

The draft is a crapshoot at best.  Teams are judging what to pay for known talent.  Not sure I would do it without a real franchise QB in place but it is one way of building a team.

Clear as day this would be the case. Baalke is all about length, saw that in his SF days too.

Probably why the Detroit rumors are popping up. Would look better if they moved down and did it.

Regardless, still super skeptical about his pass rush ability. 

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Clear as day this would be the case. Baalke is all about length, saw that in his SF days too.

Yep...though in fairness to Baalke, outside of receiver, this worked pretty well. The dude did a pretty respectable job drafting defensive (and offensive) linemen, so if he takes someone, I wouldn't feel bad about it. Just don't let him draft receivers. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Yep...though in fairness to Baalke, outside of receiver, this worked pretty well. The dude did a pretty respectable job drafting defensive (and offensive) linemen, so if he takes someone, I wouldn't feel bad about it. Just don't let him draft receivers. 

Or sign receivers apparently. 

• Like 4

On 3/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, minutemancl said:

I'm willing to bet that if Ickey/Neal are available at 5, they are the pick for the Giants. If not, they don't draft an OL at 5 or 7. There are too many other needs at premium positions (EDGE, DB) and too many talented guys to reach for Cross or Penning that early. Sauce, Hamilton, Thibs, Walker would all be great picks that match need without needing to reach.

I'm taking this back. At least 1 of Cross, Neal, Ekwonu will be available at 5, and that will be the Giants pick. Lock that in.