Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Thibs's film is very impressive. He's not as refined as Hutchinson, but I definitely didn't understand why people were dropping him. He's the rare sort of dude who can turn the corner on OTs or put them on their arses with his heavy hands and explosive power.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'm gonna make a prediction that 2-3 years from now when we are doing 2022 NFL re-drafts, Jordan Davis is the consensus #1 pick.

Zero chance. A 0-T who doesn't offer elite pass rushing ability is not going to be the consensus #1. There will be some player at a more premium position who booms.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Zero chance. A 0-T who doesn't offer elite pass rushing ability is not going to be the consensus #1. There will be some player at a more premium position who booms.

He’s wasted as a 2 gapping zero technique, imo. Everyone in the nfl wants run a nickel base and have only have 4 dlinemen. That can’t be done with nose tackles. BUT as a 2 gapping 2 technique? That’s a little different story imo, IF he can build up enough endurance to stay on the field for 4 downs and spell some 3 techniques, while keeping an ILB clean by dominating a guard, then he’d be pretty valuable. It’s a big IF, but he’s athletic enough to occasionally stunt or shoot a gap as well. But as a 2 technique the d can still rush the passer with only 4 d linemen, if the others are good at it. Depends on where he goes and how they use him and most importantly, his own discipline and conditioning. But He’s only been playing football seriously for about 5 years, maybe less. I wouldn’t doubt if he’s never jogged more than 2 miles lol. I think his floor is pretty high if you just want to use him as an early down 2 technique. The other linemen will have rush the passer, and he will have ro get lower and 2 gap. Right now though, nfl double teams will kick his butt. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

15 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'm gonna make a prediction that 2-3 years from now when we are doing 2022 NFL re-drafts, Jordan Davis is the consensus #1 pick.

To have a hope of this, he'd have to keep his weight in check.  Closer to 340 like his combine weight and not the 355+ he played at last year.  If he does, he could have a Vea-like impact on a defense.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, minutemancl said:

Okay. I will predict he will not be considered the best interior defensive lineman from his college team.

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think Moore is a solid prospect, but idk how people have him about Jahan Dotson. I don’t see it. That one ranking I’m saying out there that I absolutely do not agree with. 

I also don't think he's anywhere near as good as Jahan Dotson.

• Like 1