Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

On 4/12/2022 at 7:58 AM, minutemancl said:

Normally, you put 0 stock into rumors like the 'Travon Walker @ 1 to the Jags' rumors at this time of year, but Walker does fit the Baalke prototype of pass rusher. It could happen.

Also Baalke is the Niagra Falls of NFL insiders who leak stuff to the media. He could very well be smoke-screening/trying to bait a trade up or trying to gauge if Jags fans would riot at the pick given the perilous relationship he has with them.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Unless he's going 8 to Atlanta or 10 to New York, I don't see it happening.  Think WR1 (London) goes to the Jets at this point, Washington takes Olave at 11, and then WR3 (probably Wilson) goes to Philadelphia, and Williams ends up going to New Orleans at 19.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless he's going 8 to Atlanta or 10 to New York, I don't see it happening.  Think WR1 (London) goes to the Jets at this point, Washington takes Olave at 11, and then WR3 (probably Wilson) goes to Philadelphia, and Williams ends up going to New Orleans at 19.

Been a lot of talk about Atlanta the past couple days. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:13 PM, jrry32 said:

Zero chance. A 0-T who doesn't offer elite pass rushing ability is not going to be the consensus #1. There will be some player at a more premium position who booms.

Yeah, I'd say there's a better chance that a 2-3 years from now Travis Jones is considered the best DT from this class than Davis is considered the consensus #1 pick in re-drafts.  And I don't love the chances of either, but I'd put the former at notably superior odds than the later.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I just can't fathom using back-to-back top 8 picks on skill positions players.  I thought Kyle Pitts was a top 3 prospect last year.

With the way the game is evolving/high value on weapons (WR market is growing crazier and crazier) I don’t think it’s that wild for something like that.

That team is in desperate need of WR help.

11 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I watched Schrags top 5 prospects on the rise video yesterday and he said Cam Jurgens is looking at going late 1/early 2. Maybe the first C to go off the board.

Jurgens' tape is a mess though. Snap to snap, there's such a crazy variance on what you're going to get. That guy needs to sit a year and get coached and refined. I do think that he has the traits to be the best center out of that class, but there's some major up and down play. 

I could see how teams would prefer the similar athletic profile to Linderbaum but with longer arms. Even if the play isn't as good, a lot of it is going to be coached out of him. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I was listening to a podcast today...I can't remember which (podcasts listened to today were Dane / Lance and Tailgate) and whichever one it was indicated that they were also hearing he was going to go higher than people thought. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was listening to a podcast today...I can't remember which (podcasts listened to today were Dane / Lance and Tailgate) and whichever one it was indicated that they were also hearing he was going to go higher than people thought. 

(Deservedly so imo)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I just can't fathom using back-to-back top 8 picks on skill positions players.  I thought Kyle Pitts was a top 3 prospect last year.

I don't mind if they do it. If 3 edge rushers are off the board, I really don't like the idea of taking someone like Johnson at 8 (I kind of like Ebiketie more), and I damn sure don't want to take a QB there. So the options are pretty limited. WR, Hamilton, an offensive linemen, or the corners is probably what I'm looking at there. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

(Deservedly so imo)

You'll be happy to know that Lance Zuerlein was reconsidering his mock of Walker at one during the podcast. He was talking about how he hears things from sources and he's usually pretty good about being able to suss out what is real and what was smoke. He said he had heard 3 weeks ago that Walker was a real option at #1 from a reliable source that had given him good info before, but now he was starting to doubt it because what he had heard then is the same thing being regurgitated by all of the other talking media heads over the last week or so which makes him think it may be a plant. 

Was funny to listen to. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jurgens' tape is a mess though. Snap to snap, there's such a crazy variance on what you're going to get. That guy needs to sit a year and get coached and refined. I do think that he has the traits to be the best center out of that class, but there's some major up and down play. 

I could see how teams would prefer the similar athletic profile to Linderbaum but with longer arms. Even if the play isn't as good, a lot of it is going to be coached out of him. 

if a team feels Linderbaum is at his ceiling and a bit scheme limited vs Jurgens needing some coaching and refinement to reach his ceiling with more versatility, it makes some sense to take the higher ceiling/more scheme diverse player

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

You'll be happy to know that Lance Zuerlein was reconsidering his mock of Walker at one during the podcast. He was talking about how he hears things from sources and he's usually pretty good about being able to suss out what is real and what was smoke. He said he had heard 3 weeks ago that Walker was a real option at #1 from a reliable source that had given him good info before, but now he was starting to doubt it because what he had heard then is the same thing being regurgitated by all of the other talking media heads over the last week or so which makes him think it may be a plant. 

Was funny to listen to. 

I truly like Walker as a prospect, but for this team who can not afford to miss? 

New coaching staff so it’s not fair to them, but I have zero faith that this organization can develop a player like Travon to his full potential.

• Like 1