Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

Allen did kind of rewrite the book on QB evals.  Before him, I can't think of a single prospect who had accuracy issues, but worked out, in the modern era.  I thought he was so obviously and easily a bust before he played a snap.

Allen is when boom or bust goes BOOM. 

Teams have often dismissed the ?why? in looking at flaws, specifically for QBs. The Bills were patient with him and it paid off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

If I had to guess today:

1. Jaguars - Walker

2. Lions - Hutchison

3. Texans - Gardner

4. Jets - Thibodeaux

5. Giants - Neal

6. Panthers - Ekwonu

It starts getting weird from 7 

I'm here as well, I think Stingley at 7. Falcons are the true wildcard imo. We could go literally anywhere (still don't think we go QB early), but my best guess right now would be one of Hamilton, Johnson, or one of the WRs (feel like it would be Williams). Best guess, they stick to their board and take Hamilton.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:34 AM, Daniel said:

Allen did kind of rewrite the book on QB evals.  Before him, I can't think of a single prospect who had accuracy issues, but worked out, in the modern era.  I thought he was so obviously and easily a bust before he played a snap.

Vans was right, dude just needed NFL-caliber talent around that could catch the ball. 

Dog shines on a moons butt every once in a while

46 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

How you feel about this pick potentially?

I’m in the Hutch camp, but it’s hard not to get excited about the idea of Walker. Just think there clearly needs to be a good bit of coaching and development to unlock him and with our draft history/where this organization is the “safe” play makes much more sense.

My pre-draft Sunday premonition. The 49ers are going to trade Deebo Samuel to the Jets for #10 overall, then they’ll take that 10th pick and add their two late 3rd round picks and trade them to the other New York team for #7 overall and a sixth rounder. That’ll allow them to replace Deebo with Jameson Williams. 

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

This is the least valuable number one pick since 2013 right?

Probably, which is kind of funny because I think that you can make a very strong case that last year Jax had the most valuable first overall pick since 2012