Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

44 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I haven't either. Charlie Campbell is normally pretty decent (doesn't spout BS), but there aren't corroborations of this anywhere. Nobody else acting like it is a concern. I'd take this with a grain of salt

I've said this before, but I know Charlie and I can say with certainty that if he is reporting it, he's heard it from a viable source/sources.  He doesn't make things up for clicks.

That said, that source may be spreading disinformation like they all do to every reporter.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I've said this before, but I know Charlie and I can say with certainty that if he is reporting it, he's heard it from a viable source/sources.  He doesn't make things up for clicks.

That said, that source may be spreading disinformation like they all do to every reporter.

It's always funny to me when someone posts something from WF because I have to look at it deeper and see which one of the two it came from.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I agree that Charlie is usually a very good source, and not one to make stuff up.  This year though he's seemed to run with a couple of big storylines that no one else has run with, so he's really out on his own limb with Devonte Wyatt, Evan Neal, Raimann, and to a lesser extent George Pickens all dropping for various reasons.  Stories like that usually take off, but he's all alone on these.  To me it has the feel of him having a source that is trying to make him look foolish by exaggerating reports to him.

9 hours ago, lark25 said:

I dont see a Bosa Bros, Von Miller type impact on the edge but I think solid is really underselling. I think Hutchinson can be elite and a terror in his own right, my comparison was a more refined, 25% stronger Maxx Crosby who will absolutely be in the running for most sacks.

This is a draft full of good players. If you do not want a good player the 2020 draft is not for you.

Thibs is the closest thing to what you ask for, but he is no Bosa, no Myles, et. al. Mebbe Sam Williams until he is arrested for something serious. You could have that.

You guys are agreeing with me without realizing it. I don't want the Lions to be happy with getting Maxx Crosby. It's the #2 pick. You have to take a shot at getting a superstar. The Lions have taken the safe road for the 30 years I've followed them. I'm tired of that and it's gotten them nothing but the worst team in league history.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's always funny to me when someone posts something from WF because I have to look at it deeper and see which one of the two it came from.

Haha exactly.  The sites in my opinion has to a considerable nosedive this year in quality.  The Prospect Rankings are the main catalyst that grew that site into prominence, but they've been a disaster all year.  For example, Matt Araiza is likely to be the highest drafted punter in several years, and he's not even listed on the prospect rankings.  Christian Watson wasn't listed on the WR prospect list until mid-March when suddenly he goes from not listed at all to their 6th overall WR.  Less than 2 months ago they were pushing Aqeel Glass as an early 3rd round pick, and had Drake London stubbornly going #2 overall for several weeks when it was very clear that was never happening.  They've also been leading the Tyler Smith charge that no one else seems to be following. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

As someone who joined the WF forum in 2011 and has literally been to Walts house for a fantasy draft, its sad to see how he has become more clickbaity.

8 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

I agree that Charlie is usually a very good source, and not one to make stuff up.  This year though he's seemed to run with a couple of big storylines that no one else has run with, so he's really out on his own limb with Devonte Wyatt, Evan Neal, Raimann, and to a lesser extent George Pickens all dropping for various reasons.  Stories like that usually take off, but he's all alone on these.  To me it has the feel of him having a source that is trying to make him look foolish by exaggerating reports to him.

The same thing happened a few years back with LVE when he reported teams had failed him medically.  And that seemed to have been viable.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Greg Cosell on a radio station in JAX just said if he had to make a ranking of WRs this class Pickens would top it at WR1.

Old school guys really like Pickens, and I think it is because he seems like he'd be a bare knuckle boxer if he wasn't playing football. I can't blame them, I like him too.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

That was my assumption when I saw it during liar's week without any corroboration by others.

Also, he broke this crap right after I finished my last mock, so I don't want it to be true now.