2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

14 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Fun fact... Brady costs 50M over 2 years... RT costs 62M over the same 2 years, although it's really 91M since year 3 fully guarantees next March.

*Sobs*

5 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Re-signed Tye Smith. I'm happy about that. 

Same.  We can go into the season with Jackson/Butler/Smith and maybe Hooker and be OK without a high pick spent at CB.  I'd still like to land one fairly early, but if the board just doesn't play out in the Titans' favor, that's passable.

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Unless of course, it’s because YGM fell to 29.

I’m just asking the question 

If YGM or Epenesa were on the board at 29, and the Titans already know they have Clowney in the bag, would one of those 2 players help make the Titans want to trade back a few spots?

39 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Draft day!! 

I honestly want us to trade down no matter who is there unless somebody falls that we can’t pass up. The value of this draft is round 2-4 in my opinion 

I agree with this. But I also wouldn't mind seeing us use Corey Davis to move back up as long as we still net more picks.

This time last year for the draft the ‘Ville was alive. This year the draft is virtual. Unreal how things can change in 12 months. Looking forward to a great Titans draft. Trade back if the price is right, JRob. 👍🏾😎

Edited by lamont

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m just asking the question 

If YGM or Epenesa were on the board at 29, and the Titans already know they have Clowney in the bag, would one of those 2 players help make the Titans want to trade back a few spots?

I think it makes them reconsider Clowney, if they have those two ranked as highly as I do.  In that scenario, they could get what looks like at least a starter level pass rusher on a rookie contract for five years instead of having $25 million tied up in one year pass rusher contracts (assuming the rumored $13 million figure is legit).

They could instead see what happens in the draft the rest of the way and use that money on someone like Trumaine Johnson or Dre Kirkpatrick, or even Logan Ryan.  Or another position.  Snacks Harrison is still around, so is Cordy Glenn, Paul Richardson, etc.  That might be a better situation.

That said, if they're not as high on them, then I don't know if their availability necessarily makes them want to trade down any more than they already do.

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

I agree with this. But I also wouldn't mind seeing us use Corey Davis to move back up as long as we still net more picks.

How do you use Corey Davis to move up, let alone get more picks on top of moving up?