SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

If you are going to sit here and say he may be 17-18 you can't say that nobody can think he is top 15.....that's literally 2-3 spots. 

Here is the reality. This game was in hand and the defense didn't close it out. 10 points with less than 9 to play is ideal and they just didn't execute at the end. 

An amazing season, with a little left to be desired. Great thing is that you learn more from defeat and failure and the future looks good going forward. Great season fellas.

Dude this was in no way what so everrrr on the D. Shanahan got way too cute in the 4th QTR just like the last SB. And Jimmy made some horrible throws. 

Defense played GREAT. Two INTs, constant stops, and constantly slowing them down. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

You guys have a ridiculously good defense and coach though. And great OL, hopefully Joe stays just one more season. This OT class is loaded though. 

You guys should trade up for QB Jordan Love. He’s my QB3 and could be the best in this class. Compares a lot to Mahomes actually...

No, there is no need to go for an QB. This was Jimmy's first year as an starter and he played just fine. Have to continue to let him grow. Try the bring back as much of the defense as we can and hope to make another run at it. I watched Love plenty, dude is nothing special. Not even close to Mahomes. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Dude this was in no way what so everrrr on the D. Shanahan got way too cute in the 4th QTR just like the last SB. And Jimmy made some horrible throws. 

Defense played GREAT. Two INTs, constant stops, and constantly slowing them down. 

If you are built on your defense and you give a 10 point lead with 7 to play, you should be able to close it out. 21 points on the defense. They let Hill get loose and then it was downhill. Still had a shot to hold them to a FG after the 4th down play and they give up a TD to Williams.

Bad execution. It falls on the defense. They would say it themselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

That's the series that cost us the game IMO. We should have called a timeout when they had to punt. I believe we had 1:31 and we get the ball back after halftime. We had an opportunity to get a big lead.

Yep. Don't care what Kyle tries to say about that drive. He didn't call that timeout cuz he was worried about giving Mahomes the ball back if we went 3 and out. Total BS.

How can you say this wasn't on the defense? They are just as much to blame. Allowing a 3rd and 15 conversion and allowing 21 points in the last six minutes. 

Offenense did nothing in the 4th quarter and they defense shat the bed. Shanahan himself wasn't very good himself.

Oh well, give credit to the Chiefs and best QB in the game for coming up clutch. 

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

If you are built on your defense and you give a 10 point lead with 7 to play, you should be able to close it out. 21 points on the defense. They let Hill get loose and then it was downhill. Still had a shot to hold them to a FG after the 4th down play and they give up a TD to Williams.

Bad execution. It falls on the defense. They would say it themselves.

No, this is NOT on the defense. This was arguably the worst game of Mahomes career because of the defense. At least Bottom 3-4. Defense did a great job slowing him down and getting two turnovers. Niners were not winning this game without AT LEAST 27 points. And that last TD was garbage time.

This was a total team loss. HC had his worse gm of the yr. ST sucked. Offense didn't get 1st downs we need with the lead. And defense yeah they made plays but they gave up the biggest play of the gm and just tanked the last half of the 4th qtr. Nobody gets out of here without taking an L. 

• Like 5

No, this is NOT on the defense. This was arguably the worst game of Mahomes career because of the defense. At least Bottom 3-4. Defense did a great job slowing him down and getting two turnovers. Niners were not winning this game without AT LEAST 27 points. And that last TD was garbage time.

I will say that this is the most unclutch great defense I've ever seen. Seriously, they can't close out final drives. Even that Seattle game they needed some serious hello from the Hawks and (maybe) the refs. 

Saints, failed. Ravens, failed. Seattle, fail and success in game one (greenlaw pick). Atlanta failed. Rams, failed. 

Stopping final drives to win / tie is not their forte

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sherm said:

This was a total team loss. HC had his worse gm of the yr. ST sucked. Offense didn't get 1st downs we need with the lead. And defense yeah they made plays but they gave up the biggest play of the gm and just tanked the last half of the 4th qtr. Nobody gets out of here without taking an L. 

Pretty much

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I will say that this is the most unclutch great defense I've ever seen. Seriously, they can't close out final drives. Even that Seattle game they needed some serious hello from the Hawks and (maybe) the refs. 

Saints, failed. Ravens, failed. Seattle, fail and success in game one (greenlaw pick). Atlanta failed. Rams, failed. 

Stopping final drives to win / tie is not their forte

This sounds like a corner issue. Need a good speed corner that can do both man and zone very well. 

This sounds like a corner issue. Need a good speed corner that can do both man and zone very well. 

Yeah, we've discussed it a little during the season. Hard to say. It's just a really weird situation. I'd probably level most blame at Saleh because I think it's probably a playmaking / structure issue, but hard to say.