SUPER BOWL LIV 49ers/Chiefs GAMEDAY thread

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude always misses? He was the clutchest QB in the league that came through almost every time. Not sure where you are getting this from. 

I guess I haven’t watched as many Niner games as you. The games I watched in full this year he seems to miss crucial game changing throws. This game was a lot like the first Seahawk game. I don’t really know how anyone can think Jimmy is a Top 15 QB after this game. Probably 17-18 range. And I’m not piling on salt. I’m pretty bummed they lost. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I guess I haven’t watched as many Niner games as you. The games I watched in full this year he seems to miss crucial game changing throws. This game was a lot like the first Seahawk game. I don’t really know how anyone can think Jimmy is a Top 15 QB after this game. Probably 17-18 range. And I’m not piling on salt. I’m pretty bummed they lost. 

That's fine don't care where you rate him. But to say he always misses at the end is just wrong. 

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

Also bet he wish he had that drive back before the half...lol should have known there he wasn't in his right mind.

That's the series that cost us the game IMO. We should have called a timeout when they had to punt. I believe we had 1:31 and we get the ball back after halftime. We had an opportunity to get a big lead.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Oh yeah, defense sucked down the stretch too. I felt they made more plays than the offense did though. 

Overall they did, but choked at the end. Unacceptable how bad they were at the end. 

These opportunities are definitely hard to come by so this loss hurts, but just gotta hope the team is back in contention next year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

At the end of the day, defense definitely got gashed at the end, but their were multiple opportunities to get our way ahead and flip the script. 49ers chocked and they deserve every bit of shade thrown their way

Defense got gashed, but they did pretty well against Mahomes for most of the game. The 49ers offense needed to get around 30 points. This is what David and Oscar said on their podcast, and they were right. 

I'm done it's 3.30am over here and I'm just so hacked off that I couldn't even witness the demise at the end.  I suppose I should be grateful.  We still have a great and quite young team in most positions.  Getting back to another one is going to be a mountain of a climb.  Talking with you all however is a blessing.  Night guys. Speak soon. Commiserations to all of you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Jimmy is just another Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins & Matthew Stafford. If you look at their stats they look good but if you watch a lot of their games then you'll realize you can't win the big one with them. With Jimmy your defense has to be near perfect in order to win with him.

Also as a Niners organization they have to realize that they can't win a SB without an MVP caliber type of QB e.g. Young & Montana. If they had a Montana & Young type they would have gotten a late TD to steal the win or padded the lead when up 20-10 but no we have a choker as a QB who ain't good enough to get it done. I want no more playoff appearances unless they have that QB b/c they will just come up short like they did in the Jim Harbaugh era.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Defense got gashed, but they did pretty well against Mahomes for most of the game. The 49ers offense needed to get around 30 points. This is what David and Oscar said on their podcast, and they were right. 

Defense was bad at the end. But offense just completely disappeared in the second half

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude always misses? He was the clutchest QB in the league that came through almost every time. Not sure where you are getting this from. 

Yeah, really bad take. His success rate is above NFL average. 

No one comes through 100% of the time 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If you are going to sit here and say he may be 17-18 you can't say that nobody can think he is top 15.....that's literally 2-3 spots. 

Here is the reality. This game was in hand and the defense didn't close it out. 10 points with less than 9 to play is ideal and they just didn't execute at the end. 

An amazing season, with a little left to be desired. Great thing is that you learn more from defeat and failure and the future looks good going forward. Great season fellas.

• Like 1

You guys have a ridiculously good defense and coach though. And great OL, hopefully Joe stays just one more season. This OT class is loaded though. 

You guys should trade up for QB Jordan Love. He’s my QB3 and could be the best in this class. Compares a lot to Mahomes actually...