Jump to content
tannenballs

Senior Bowl

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

 

Wow, kind of disappointing. Would have liked to see all of these guys against better competition this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

 

For guys that will not light up the Combine, it's a really curious decision to skip the Senior Bowl.  Moss in particular could show off his pass blocking acumen, and zone block read ability and balance on contact in scrimmages.    He won't show any of that in the Combine.   I get the decision if ppl want to get in shape for the Combine, but if your best traits aren't measured at the Combine, you want Senior Bowl tape.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For guys that will not light up the Combine, it's a really curious decision to skip the Senior Bowl.  Moss in particular could show off his pass blocking acumen, and zone block read ability and balance on contact in scrimmages.    He won't show any of that in the Combine.   I get the decision if ppl want to get in shape for the Combine, but if your best traits aren't measured at the Combine, you want Senior Bowl tape.   

I have a feeling most of these are medical related. If they were concerned about training for the combine, why accept the invite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Still no invite for Tyler Johnson, this feels a little personal now.

I blame Matt Miller lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have a feeling most of these are medical related. If they were concerned about training for the combine, why accept the invite?

Fair, just several of those guys came out of their Bowl game fine (doesn't mean they aren't dinged up, but the odds are long they're all dinged up).   Re: combine training, some of them are trying to shed weight / get quicker, some of them a little bulkier / more explosive, so it's a totally different regimen than actual gameplay.   Almost every agent recommends players accept invites as a reflex, and see where they're at.

No doubt some of these are injury related, that's fair.   Just some end up being due to training focus, as there's only so much time to get ready for the Combine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For guys that will not light up the Combine, it's a really curious decision to skip the Senior Bowl.  Moss in particular could show off his pass blocking acumen, and zone block read ability and balance on contact in scrimmages.    He won't show any of that in the Combine.   I get the decision if ppl want to get in shape for the Combine, but if your best traits aren't measured at the Combine, you want Senior Bowl tape.   

Gladney will light up the combine, but still would of liked to see all these guys, most of them im big fan of besides Dye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I blame Matt Miller lol

Dude is so non-committal about everything and then chooses the weirdest hills to die on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense for players who will be the typical “workout warriors” or will “light up the combine” to skip bowl games as they can hide their deficiencies on the field all the while increasing their draft stock. 

For my money give me a good performer in the Senior Bowl over a good performer at the combine every day.

To me bailing on a post-season bowl just for the combine or any other workouts would be a red flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Gladney will light up the combine, but still would of liked to see all these guys, most of them im big fan of besides Dye

It's weird because it's obvious that the Senior Bowl was a massive stock boost for those who played well in it last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly thought Gladney would come in and cement his place as #2 CB on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×