2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why all the Linsley chatter? The guy's not a contract issue till 2021 when he's going UFA.
Dont want to extend him now? Fine. But is his play deemed so deficient that he needs replacing *now* - so we can save a few bucks - when we're not in cap hell?

It's all about how much cap room you want to release, how high you want to swing at the vet FA fences. Linsley being cut saves plenty of money. You don't lose him to 'save a few bucks', not unless you at least have a compelling plan on what you mean to do with those bucks instead.

I wouldn't do it in reality (though I did let him go in my mock), but I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the pinch in football matters.

As for Bulaga, one thing that is little discussed is the risk the Packers take if they let him leave and go for his replacement. Any new guy there could bomb. The risk is real and significant, just as there is an injury risk if he is retained, the risk is there either way.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It's all about how much cap room you want to release, how high you want to swing at the vet FA fences. Linsley being cut saves plenty of money. You don't lose him to 'save a few bucks', not unless you at least have a compelling plan on what you mean to do with those bucks instead.

I wouldn't do it in reality (though I did let him go in my mock), but I'm pretty conservative when it comes to the pinch in football matters.

As for Bulaga, one thing that is little discussed is the risk the Packers take if they go for a replacement. Any new guy there could bomb. The risk is real and significant.

I do think that Veldheer is better in this offense compared to Bulaga. Rodgers says that he wants Veldheer back.

Edited by Fox_NFLs_GG

2 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

I do think that Veldheer is better in this offense compared to Bulaga. Rodgers says that he wants Veldheer back.

Huh....What does Veldheer do better?  

MAYBE, I'd entertain moving on from BB because of the expense but Veldheer isn't a better player.  If you were right, he's going to have over a dozen different job opportunities this off season and is going to command a lot more money than we're currently assuming.

Wonder if Gute would make a play for another RFA Bear again. Bears might be in a predicament with Nick Williams being an UFA coming off a 6-sack season if a team gives a deal to Robertson-Harris. He's restricted but the Bears might have to let him walk if they resign Williams. I'd take either one of them on our team. 

11 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Does anyone know if Derek Watt was any good for the Chargers? I see snap count is about 120 for the season.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/snap-counts?team=ALL&week=ALL&position=FB&year=2019&op=Submit&form_build_id=form-EsbkddqDN_nIYTW4CdwE4W7NCzSsbfCKVxx8erqUBds&form_id=fo_stats_snap_counts_form

Watt was 11 in snaps for a FB. Only 5 topped 200 offensive snaps league wide.  

Juszczyk = 396

Ham (MIN) = 359

Ricard (BAL) = 348

Line (NO) = 221

Ingold (OAK) = 209