Highsmith & Wolf are OUT

zelbell

I just read “out of control” as “people like me aren’t viewed as special anymore”.  It’s an old guy, much like Polian who also criticized analytics, who hasn’t kept up with the times.

Look at just about any competitive industry, you either evolve and work to stay ahead of the game or you die.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just read “out of control” as “people like me aren’t viewed as special anymore”.  It’s an old guy, much like Polian who also criticized analytics, who hasn’t kept up with the times.

Look at just about any competitive industry, you either evolve and work to stay ahead of the game or you die.

BINGO!!!!

If you don't embrace technology to move your business forward - it WILL bury you.

Great analogy on The Fan today coming home...... The 1-31 record was over 2 seasons when Sashi/DePo (the analytics team) were in control. What about the other 18 seasons when the "football guys" were in control?????

I am still waiting for an answer from all the tools willing to take convenient shots at our franchise.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ron has not worked full time in the league as an executive since 2000. A LOT of technology and the way many clubs operate has changed since then. Your points are so spot on, LGB. Go back to practicing your short game, Ronnie.

Edited by brooks1957

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How do we know this to be true?

The only jobs he’s had are under his dad’s friends.

Not saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing, but nepotism is a thing.

I almost put this in quotes after my post 😂 Knew you were going to say it.

I obviously don’t know any more than anyone here. I’ve only heard good things from insiders. 

It would also be good to have someone with a differing scouting philosophy and not just nerds 🥴

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I almost put this in quotes after my post 😂 Knew you were going to say it.

I obviously don’t know any more than anyone here. I’ve only heard good things from insiders. 

I think the insiders tend to be part of the good old boys club though too.

Not saying I know anything about Wolf, but I’m guessing his dad/last name opened most of the doors he’s had to walk through this far.  No team/GM who wasn’t associated with his dad has ever hired him. 

I just think there’s a solid chance nepotism could be a factor here, that’s all.

6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

It would also be good to have someone with a differing scouting philosophy and not just nerds 🥴

Who’s to say they don’t have that already? They may just not have the name recognition of Alonzo and Wolf, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re doing.

For all the nerd stuff, Berry has worked for both the Colts and Eagles in a traditional football role for over a decade and came up as a scout.  I’d have to think he knows a few competent guys.

Not to mention, like @freakygeniuskid mentioned, our front office personnel was 50% larger than some other well run teams.

Sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen can be an issue too.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the insiders tend to be part of the good old boys club though too.

Not saying I know anything about Wolf, but I’m guessing his dad/last name opened most of the doors he’s had to walk through this far.  No team/GM who wasn’t associated with his dad has ever hired him. 

I just think there’s a solid chance nepotism could be a factor here, that’s all.

Who’s to say they don’t have that already? They may just not have the name recognition of Alonzo and Wolf, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re doing.

For all the nerd stuff, Berry has worked for both the Colts and Eagles in a traditional football role for over a decade and came up as a scout.  I’d have to think he knows a few competent guys.

Not to mention, like @freakygeniuskid mentioned, our front office personnel was 50% larger than some other well run teams.

Sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen can be an issue too.

In a position as high up as Wolf was? I don’t think they do. They also just fired the head of scouting. Guess that was the next highest one.