General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

35 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Okay, but Bosa leads our team not only in sacks, but in TFL as well. o.O That would be an argument for best run stopper. That's the nature of the stat.

But that doesn't take into consideration the times the edge doesn't hold the edge or loses containment. And getting TFLs is the flashy stats, but no different than if a defender gets a 1 or 2 yard stop. Armstead was legitimately our best defender this season. 

36 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Okay, but Bosa leads our team not only in sacks, but in TFL as well. o.O That would be an argument for best run stopper. That's the nature of the stat.

I don't think TFL does that at all. Dee Ford had more tackles for loss 2 years ago than AA has had in any season of his career. We really going to say that Ford is a better run defender than AA because of that? Pass rushers are more likely to break through, but it goes both ways. They can also lose containment and give it up. 

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Going to be interesting

Just hope for the discount. If we can get him in that 14m AAV type range, I think it's a huge boon. You just have to find a way to make those kind of dollar figures work. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just hope for the discount. If we can get him in that 14m AAV type range, I think it's a huge boon. You just have to find a way to make those kind of dollar figures work. 

That would be great. Honestly, just need to find a way to make it work with the cap this year. Next season everything is going to open up. 

Keep the most dominant DL in tact and continue dominating. Can just trade or release Ford after next season if need be. 

Now re-sign Sanders please! 

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like we might get him on a discount.

I have no idea what Middlekauff is talking about. 

We absolutely overpay guys. 

We do tend to overpay them on our terms though, which is nice. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I have no idea what Middlekauff is talking about. 

We absolutely overpay guys. 

We do tend to overpay them on our terms though, which is nice. 

Heh, yes, this looks like the better way to have put it.

Id rather draft a G than pay one 10m per year. 

Teams don't just trade good OL for peanuts. 

Why is Car trading him? 

Glad to hear the AA news. I like the idea of sitting buck and AA down and selling each guy on the idea they get to keep playing together.