General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

I would definitely take a 3rd rounder for Breida.....that being said, didnt Mostert have some fumbling issues in 2018? Or am I mis-remembering? Fumbling issues are something that can be fixed, if Breida fixes that issue, he is still very valuable.

You recall correctly. Mostert did have some fumble issues of his own in '18. Yes, they are correctable. I just don't care for the current way Breida is trending in his recent on field history...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

You recall correctly. Mostert did have some fumble issues of his own in '18. Yes, they are correctable. I just don't care for the current way Breida is trending in his recent on field history...

I can understand this POV for the last couple weeks of last season, but Breida has displayed speed and toughness the last few seasons and has shown he can be a dynamic change of pace back. With a room filled with (if healthy) McKinnon, Mostert, Coleman, Breida, Wilson.....any group of 4 outta these guys will be one hell of a RB stable

2 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I would definitely take a 3rd rounder for Breida.....that being said, didnt Mostert have some fumbling issues in 2018? Or am I mis-remembering? Fumbling issues are something that can be fixed, if Breida fixes that issue, he is still very valuable.

(Guess I was wrong about the Mostert fumbles)

Mostert had fumbling problems going back to college. It's one of the reasons he lost his starting job his senior year. These continued in the NFL for a few years, including a year for us. It's something they put a lot of time and effort into correcting (there are articles about it) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Mostert had fumbling problems going back to college. It's one of the reasons he lost his starting job his senior year. These continued in the NFL for a few years, including a year for us. It's something they put a lot of time and effort into correcting (there are articles about it) 

Ah ok, thanks, I knew it was an issue at some point. But, to my point, Breida's issues arent necessarily a great reason to be in the dog house or push to trade him, he brings an element to our RB core that has proven so far to be useful

50 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Thoughts?

He's predicting around 10-11 wins. I think that will increase after the draft.

It's about what I figured. My early, early prediction would be 11-5. 

I feel like his rushing total are light though. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Offensive rank #16? Like is this done by fantasy football or just overall? 

Clay is a big fantasy football guy, like Matthew Berry. He does actual on the field stuff to, but any time I see his stuff, I assume it's for fantasy. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Clay is a big fantasy football guy, like Matthew Berry. He does actual on the field stuff to, but any time I see his stuff, I assume it's for fantasy. 

Got it, in terms of fantasy than I can see that ranking. In terms of actual football, I can't see how you justify this offense being #16. Health permitted of course, but that goes for any team. But in terms of fantasy? Yeah, we don't have the high volume of pass attempts and have a RBBC so it can be frustrating for fantasy owners. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's about what I figured. My early, early prediction would be 11-5. 

I feel like his rushing total are light though. 

I thought the same, but I also think he's pretty low in some other areas as well. As I'm sure every fan of any other team does for their team. 

11-5 sounds reasonable, but doesn't the 17 game season kick in for the 2020 season? 

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I thought the same, but I also think he's pretty low in some other areas as well. As I'm sure every fan of any other team does for their team. 

11-5 sounds reasonable, but doesn't the 17 game season kick in for the 2020 season? 

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Thoughts?

He's predicting around 10-11 wins. I think that will increase after the draft.

I think some of the player projections are very low. I do not expect Bourne to go around 20/270. At a minimum, I expect 40/500.

8 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think some of the player projections are very low. I do not expect Bourne to go around 20/270. At a minimum, I expect 40/500.

Definitely. The 49ers rushing attack last season ran for 2,300 yards and 23 TD's. With the same RB group plus McKinnon, we're going only going to run for 1,700 and 15 TDs? I was thinking we'd be right around 2k yards and 20 TDs. He also doesn't have Deebo in the rushing group, which we know he's going to get rushing attempts. We had over 260 yards on the ground from non-RB's.