General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Definitely. The 49ers rushing attack last season ran for 2,300 yards and 23 TD's. With the same RB group plus McKinnon, we're going only going to run for 1,700 and 15 TDs? I was thinking we'd be right around 2k yards and 20 TDs. He also doesn't have Deebo in the rushing group, which we know he's going to get rushing attempts. We had over 260 yards on the ground from non-RB's. 

The groups are just position based. He has Deebo at 216 yards rushing.

23 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Ive sent this article out to everyone I know. Thank you for posting this. very disheartening. Im not religious, but if I was, I would say this was god working in mysterious ways. We really felt like the team of destiny last year. I really felt like it was our year. I felt it in my bones. Felt that way until the moment it wasn't. I still cant believe we didn't win. 

Having a once in a generation parade that brings about the freaking pandemic of a century sounds straight out of a movie. I mean, millions of people could have gotten infected over a 2-3 week span in this scenario. 

painful to think about either way

On 4/11/2020 at 11:00 PM, 49ersfan said:

I just keep going in circles thinking about this. it really is some biblical shiit when you really think about it. 

The first confirmed case in California, on the night of the superbowl, in the county where our team headquarters is located feels like no small coincidence. those are two massive events that affect a lot of human beings lives.

the 100 year plague on the same freaking day the niners are playing in the superbowl??? unbelievable! 2/2/2020 a day of infamy 

Hard to say exactly what would have changed if we would have had a parade 3 weeks before everything shut down. Feels like there would have been a lot of travel in and out of the bay area and a large congregation of upwards of 1.5-2m people descending on the stinky, smelly downtown San Francisco. Would have brought people here from all over northern California. Probably a fair amount of rural areas that are mostly unscathed right now.

The bay area has flattened the curve. That has undoubtedly happened. The virus has not spread here like wildfire. Gotta hand it to the local governing bodies, they/we shut this place down fast. A large congregation of that many people could have been the absolute perfect storm if infection levels were already high enough to infect a significant amount of people. 

I'll say this though, if the end result is going to be the same, quarantining with a ****ing ring on my finger would be sooo much sweeter

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Erm..

Ford? Really? Then why trade away Buckner? And who are you replacing Ford with? 

Goodwin? Understood.

Tartt? Meh, last year of his deal and clear sign they don't plan on re-signing him. Heck, they could even feel good about Ward/Moore moving forward. Not something I would do, but understand it a bit.

If they were planning on moving Alexander, why the hell would they reconstruct his deal in December? That kind of automatically kills that as no one will be willing to take on his deal. 

Interesting that he didn't mention Breida. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Erm..

Lombardi is full of crap. Moving Alexander now would cost us a lot more than keeping him for this season. How would that help to clean up our cap issues? Also, Tartt is on a reasonable deal and I doubt they want to get rid of Ford and Buckner in the same offseason. Lombardi is making crap up like he often does.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ford? Really? Then why trade away Buckner? And who are you replacing Ford with? 

Goodwin? Understood.

Tartt? Meh, last year of his deal and clear sign they don't plan on re-signing him. Heck, they could even feel good about Ward/Moore moving forward. Not something I would do, but understand it a bit.

If they were planning on moving Alexander, why the hell would they reconstruct his deal in December? That kind of automatically kills that as no one will be willing to take on his deal. 

Interesting that he didn't mention Breida. 

Yeah Goodwin is the only one who makes sense but the fact that he is on the trading block is pretty much common knowledge at this point.

The others don't make sense at all, especially for a SB-contender. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Erm..

lol oof. That's a bad one to just throw out there. 

As @struby3 said, it actually costs us about 9 million more to trade Kwon than keep him. He's a 4 million dollar cap hit this year (well 4+), and we seriously just restructured his deal about 6 months ago. 

Dee Ford I could have seen before the Buckner deal, certainly not now. That's a next year cut / trade. Removing him from the equation leaves the defense in rough shape. Tartt I could see if we had someone that could take over, but we don't...so uh...yeah...

• Like 2

Honestly i don't mind if we get a 2nd for Ford. Basically would mean we would have traded up in the second in exchange for one year of Ford. He isn't a full time player and has injury concerns. 

Alexander makes no sense to trade now. 

Tartt i can see them throwing his name out there and seeing where his value is. He has had a ton of injury problems and there are some options for that spot in this draft that can be had around the bottom of the first early second.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Honestly i don't mind if we get a 2nd for Ford. Basically would mean we would have traded up in the second in exchange for one year of Ford. He isn't a full time player and has injury concerns. 

Alexander makes no sense to trade now. 

Tartt i can see them throwing his name out there and seeing where his value is. He has had a ton of injury problems and there are some options for that spot in this draft that can be had around the bottom of the first early second.

I don't think you are getting a 2nd rounder for Ford. But honestly there is no need to trade him or do anything with him this season. He brings a lot of value to this pass rush and it was made obvious that the DL is not anywhere close without him. Keep him for one more season at least and go from there. The team isn't in THAT bad of cap hell. 

• Like 3