2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I was too. He went to Bullis in Potomac, I used to go to that school for basketball camp in middle school and I grew up my whole life and still live in Gaithersburg not far at all from where he moved too when his family moved from Jersey.

Oh, and it's OSU buddy, OU is Ohio University, they play in the MAC! Haha 😂 ;) 

Totally forgot def OSU. But yeah all my guys keep going to y’all!!!

• Like 1

Talk on the social media interwebz about Damarious Randall coming here. This was him retweeting a story about him coming to Washington and asking Landon Collins if he’s “ready for this.”

Would be interesting to see how he’d fit in with Sean Davis also here. Maybe they’d play a lot of 3 safety looks instead of 3 LBs?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Talk on the social media interwebz about Damarious Randall coming here. This was him retweeting a story about him coming to Washington and asking Landon Collins if he’s “ready for this.”

Would be interesting to see how he’d fit in with Sean Davis also here. Maybe they’d play a lot of 3 safety looks instead of 3 LBs?

I’d love to see it. We could play Davis and Randall as split deep safeties (Tampa two) & have Collins in a WLB on run downs and move Collins to a dime LB/SS role on passing downs.

I’ve said for months I’ve wanted to move Collins to WLB and add another safety. Before I was thinking Eric Reid to play SS, Boston to FS, move Collins to WLB and that would be it but getting Sean Davis and Damarious Randall is a younger better version.

I have to believe at this point that their may not be a season this year.It makes sense because RR is not throwing money around to be overly improved this season.Instead a lot of low money short term deals that leave them with plenty of cap space going into 2021.What they dont use this year can be rolled over to the following season.Fill the roster in case the season happens.Call it a rebuild and evaluation period.Intend on being competitive in 2021.Covid 19 is just getting started.Would you consider a stadium full of fans a unneeded gathering?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TKellion said:

I have to believe at this point that their may not be a season this year.It makes sense because RR is not throwing money around to be overly improved this season.Instead a lot of low money short term deals that leave them with plenty of cap space going into 2021.What they dont use this year can be rolled over to the following season.Fill the roster in case the season happens.Call it a rebuild and evaluation period.Intend on being competitive in 2021.Covid 19 is just getting started.Would you consider a stadium full of fans a unneeded gathering?

Mara will have the league penalize the redskins if we don't spend enough money or if we spend too much :)

• Like 2

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/austin-hooper-free-agency-it-really-came-down-cleveland-and-washington?fbclid=IwAR30dzgbhzsgZGSrxPQU1XLjmJMNmYywJGoVQxpCbW5ihjH6Eg-uOS7rehw

an article on NBC sports had an interview with Hooper, he said it really came down between cleveland and washington. said he chose cleveland bc of the situation, if he wouldnt of picked them he said he would probably be a redskin.

so for those crying saying we didnt make a move to get him then this should silence you

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

Would love this move!!! That doesn’t just leave us hoping on Davis it makes him compete and as you said gives us another look on the back end. Randall would be a huge add IMO

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/austin-hooper-free-agency-it-really-came-down-cleveland-and-washington?fbclid=IwAR30dzgbhzsgZGSrxPQU1XLjmJMNmYywJGoVQxpCbW5ihjH6Eg-uOS7rehw

an article on NBC sports had an interview with Hooper, he said it really came down between cleveland and washington. said he chose cleveland bc of the situation, if he wouldnt of picked them he said he would probably be a redskin.

so for those crying saying we didnt make a move to get him then this should silence you

Exactly!!! We had a plan we’re just a year away from being that attractive spot I feel like. And next year if we do show improvement we maybe don’t have to completely restet the market. But we will see. We tried for Hooper and Coop. They are people they made choices and people get mad. Like I’m completely not okay paying Cooper what we offered 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TKellion said:

I saw somewhere where the Redskins could have as much as $130 million in cap space next off-season. I think this year is an evaluation year of not only the young talent but the entire Redskins organization for Ron, so they didn’t want to spend a lot especially after Coop & Hoop turned them down. 

Youre theory could be right but I don’t know how much that truly came into the equation.

At this point, a full stadium of fans is essentially against the law bc of COVID, so it is unneeded. But, there’s no way to know if in September, October or even November if that will still be the case and teams of all sports have to do their due diligence and plan as if there will be a season for their team.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Oh well, we will find some one at least equivalent w/in this draft or the next to Hooper. I like Hooper as a player but a TE like him is not as hard to find as a talent like Jordan Reed. It’s such a shame he couldn’t stay healthy, I’d wager that the Redskins franchise will never again have a TE with as much pure talent for a long long time. The guy had HoF potential as a receiving/move TE/slot WR tge only thing that held him back was injuries, particularly concussions.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I personally think we will come out on the better side of that deal than Cleveland will, but that's just me.  

For the Redskins to have targeted three big fish in free agency, including one where the offer was over $100 million and another who set a record for his position, it definitely sounds like they tried.  The thing is, you can't contact everyone, and you can't force everyone to take your deal.  It appears they had a free agent board, and they got 1/3 of their primary targets.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I personally think we will come out on the better side of that deal than Cleveland will, but that's just me.  

For the Redskins to have targeted three big fish in free agency, including one where the offer was over $100 million and another who set a record for his position, it definitely sounds like they tried.  The thing is, you can't contact everyone, and you can't force everyone to take your deal.  It appears they had a free agent board, and they got 1/3 of their primary targets.  

I think the Redskins are the only ones who considered Kendall Fuller a “big fish.”