2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Rivers- been expecting this for some reason. Don't see it - Draft Tua ( rumor ) , pay Rivers and Smith and Haskins on the roster .. Crazy . 

Good point, I forgot that we’d still be paying Alex too. I was already a no, but that makes it a hard no.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

True, but it still seems high for a corner who isn’t an All-Pro corner. They can sign someone else for $4-5 million less a year & re-sign Fuller to be their slot WR for about $15 mil, maybe $16 or $17 mil a year for two corners rather then $15 mil on avg for one. That's the smarter move IMO then overpaying for one player.

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True, but it still seems high for a corner who isn’t an All-Pro corner. They can sign someone else for $4-5 million less a year & re-sign Fuller to be their slot WR for about $15 mil, maybe $16 or $17 mil a year for two corners rather then $15 mil on avg for one. That's the smarter move IMO then overpaying for one player.

It's just to much for me if we giving out that much at CB rather just get Byron Jones if on one player,much rather just go budget there and go after guys like Brain Poole,Mcaxlender,Darby,Hilton,Burns,Apple,or Fuller who are same age or younger who prob end up a little over half that price.

I'm fine with Bradberry in the 10-12 iffy if it ends up between 13-15 and a hard no at 15+.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

It's just to much for me if we giving out that much at CB rather just get Byron Jones if on one player,much rather just go budget there and go after guys like Brain Poole,Mcaxlender,Darby,Hilton,Burns,Apple,or Fuller who are same age or younger who prob end up a little over half that price.

I'm fine with Bradberry in the 10-12 iffy if it ends up between 13-15 and a hard no at 15+.

Agreed, we can sign two of those other guys for the same amount that we’d be paying Bradberry. It makes much more sense to get two for one rather then to overpay for one.

I mean Bradberry hasn't even made a pro bowl that I see, he’s a good corner, but not a great one. Agreed that I’d rather spend on Byron Jones who was second-team All-Pro or preferably pay for two of the good corners. We need more than just one corner. We need an outside corner and a slot corner both.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The only reason I wouldn’t mind paying Bradberry is because with a Chase Young Pick this guy not only fits the scheme and coach. But we IMO will have a much nastier rotation of pass rushers then he’s had in Carolina.

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

The only reason I wouldn’t mind paying Bradberry is because with a Chase Young Pick this guy not only fits the scheme and coach. But we IMO will have a much nastier rotation of pass rushers then he’s had in Carolina.

Yeah, I want Bradberry but not at a price that will make him one of the top paid corners in the NFL bc he's not worth that contract, he's not one of the best corners in the NFL. He's not worth $15 m a year. 

If you have an elite pass rush bc you add Chase to it, that actually is even more reason you don't need to spend $15 m plus on a corner like Bradberry or Jones.  You can sign Fuller to be our slot & a corner in Breeland’s category - a #2 type - a total of $15 mil total from those two corners and get better results.

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I want Bradberry but not at a price that will make him one of the top paid corners in the NFL bc he's not worth that contract, he's not one of the best corners in the NFL. He's not worth $15 m a year. 

If you have an elite pass rush bc you add Chase to it, that actually is even more reason you don't need to spend $15 m plus on a corner like Bradberry or Jones.  You can sign Fuller to be our slot & a corner in Breeland’s category - a #2 type - a total of $15 mil total from those two corners and get better results.

I think he’d understand that and maybe take alittle less if he believes he will thrive here. But we will see

I believe we’ll sign Hooper and Jones. We love former Cowboys players and we badly need a good TE. I’m going Byron Jones/Austin Hooper in a Redskins free agency throwback. And I’m not sure how I feel about it but I was also damn tired of Bruce Allen’s bargain basement shopping. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I believe we’ll sign Hooper and Jones. We love former Cowboys players and we badly need a good TE. I’m going Byron Jones/Austin Hooper in a Redskins free agency throwback. And I’m not sure how I feel about it but I was also damn tired of Bruce Allen’s bargain basement shopping. 

I’d be okay with that. I don’t want to be in for big time guys every year but I really like those two.

58 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he’d understand that and maybe take alittle less if he believes he will thrive here. But we will see

I don't think so. Players are going to take as much as they can get while they can, and they should. If he passes on making on avg $3 to 5 million more a year, they'll never make that $ up again.

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I hope if we do that that we still sign Fuller or someone like him to play slot & a FS upgrade like Boston at the least. Then there is our LB situation which is ok, but definitely needs one upgrade - if not two. 

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Interesting considering Dunny seems like he doesn't want to play here. That guy needs to make up his mind.

Maybe he had his talk with Rivera and he spit out the offseason plan and said you shine we will take care of you or someone else will and you’ll get yours

14 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Maybe he had his talk with Rivera and he spit out the offseason plan and said you shine we will take care of you or someone else will and you’ll get yours

I hope so, it's the logical choice for both Dunny & the team. Dunny hasn't earned the contract he wants, not from us or anyone. He's going to have to prove it this year whether it's here or somewhere else and he should realize that. Even if we traded him - which I don't think we will - I don’t see any reason why his next team would give him a new deal immediately based off of his last two seasons where he's missed big chunks of the season.

Edited by turtle28