2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

12 hours ago, mar29020 said:

our big free agent deals never work. pay our own!

True, but we need to sign FAs to upgrade a few spots on our roster. Sure, we could go the cheap Bruce Allen route from most of this decade, but last time I checked not trying in free agency didn't work out very well either this decade. We have to keep our own, but we also need to sign a few FA upgrades like at TE, CB, LB & FS and try to actually win games too.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Norman, Richardson, and Reed are gone. Does anyone else foresee any other cap casualties that might happen in the near future?

No, I see no reason to cut anyone else. Besides AD, Moses and Trent, the rest of our current roster -before franchising Scherff - is young and cheap.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Norman, Richardson, and Reed are gone. Does anyone else foresee any other cap casualties that might happen in the near future?

Maybe Morgan Moses. They save quite a bit by cutting him. But then you run the risk of having to replace both tackles. 

• Like 1

I get it with Moses, but he’s just so limited as he never makes any holes to run through. By far the worst run blocking starting RT in the league. Plays way to high, resulting in no leverage, no push in the run game. His best run blocking attribute? Getting his fat body between the DL and the running back to hide the back. We. An do better and a much lower cost. 

11 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

One of my absolute favorite things is bringing former Skins back. Really hope we sign Fuller.

I'm really hoping this happens too. He balled out for us in the slot, and I think he enjoyed playing here. When the news broke that he was traded to Alex Smith, I remember him tweeting that it wasn't true until he finally got confirmation.

I'd be okay with a Dunbar / Fuller CB duo.

Bradberry + Fuller would be awesome but that's way too much $$$

6 hours ago, Canuck said:

I'm really hoping this happens too. He balled out for us in the slot, and I think he enjoyed playing here. When the news broke that he was traded to Alex Smith, I remember him tweeting that it wasn't true until he finally got confirmation.

Part of that probably goes back to his college coach being our DB coach at the time.  I know Allen is gone, but the guy found out he was traded via the internet and most of the front office still remains.  We've got to vastly overpay to make up for that. 

11 hours ago, Canuck said:

And we still have Moreland & Moreau too. I’d definitely sign another corner to compete w/ Moreland/Moreau and/or draft one too. I want Fuller back, but we need better competition too.

Also, I have a question for people. I’m pretty sure in the super bowl I saw the Chiefs put Fuller at FS and Matthieu in the slot when they were in nickel - I think they did that a lot last year - did anyone else see that?

And, I thought he was lined up at FS earlier in the game, had a pass break up and almost an int. So, Fuller could come back and be our #2 corner and bump inside to the slot in nickel or, he could come back and play FS.

Here’s a breakdown from Ryan Clark in 2018 on Fuller:

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Part of that probably goes back to his college coach being our DB coach at the time.  I know Allen is gone, but the guy found out he was traded via the internet and most of the front office still remains.  We've got to vastly overpay to make up for that. 

Doubt it, he's from VA, played at Va Tech. Players will almost always to where their best offer is. We have to make him the best offer but I doubt we have to overpay and pay him near what Bradberry & Jones want. On top of that, he's more versatile, he played outside, in the slot and some FS in KC.