News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Sacks can be flukey. The talent needy Dolphins cut him. That’s really all you need to know.

Word is it's because of attitude issues. Same reason he ended up getting cut here. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, D82 said:

Word is it's because of attitude issues. Same reason he ended up getting cut here. 

Teams don’t cut loose quality pass rushers for “attitude issues”.

No matter how uncontroversial I believe a Cowboys opinion to be (e.g. Taco sucks) there’s always someone on the other side arguing the opposite. Amazing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Teams don’t cut loose quality pass rushers for “attitude issues”.

No matter how uncontroversial I believe a Cowboys opinion to be (e.g. Taco sucks) there’s always someone on the other side arguing the opposite. Amazing. 

I'm not saying Taco didn't suck. I'm saying that from what I've read from beat guys with the team, Taco had attitude issues and didn't seem to respond to coaching or have a desire to try and improve. Same issues he had here and why he fell out of favor with Marinelli and the rest of the staff. 

11 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm not saying Taco didn't suck. I'm saying that from what I've read from beat guys with the team, Taco had attitude issues and didn't seem to respond to coaching or have a desire to try and improve. Same issues he had here and why he fell out of favor with Marinelli and the rest of the staff. 

As a Michigan fan I dreaded it when we drafted him. I knew he was often lazy and unmotivated. Took many plays off. I’m glad we didn’t try and salvage him and keep him on for too long like we always did in the past. 

2 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

As a Michigan fan I dreaded it when we drafted him. I knew he was often lazy and unmotivated. Took many plays off. I’m glad we didn’t try and salvage him and keep him on for too long like we always did in the past. 

The first thing that went through my mind when they drafted Taco is boy I hope he’s not the next Shante Carver. 

Cardinals aren't picking up the 5th-yr option on Haason Reddick. I know coming out of college some were comparing him to Mack. 

What do you guys think? Worth trading a late round pick for him to see what he has?

15 minutes ago, D82 said:

Cardinals aren't picking up the 5th-yr option on Haason Reddick. I know coming out of college some were comparing him to Mack. 

What do you guys think? Worth trading a late round pick for him to see what he has?

All for it. Gives us some flexibility.

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Random topic I know but I feel like all the Trysten Hill hate i've seen on here is coming in too early.

I tried getting on board with the pick of Hill last year but as the season wore on, I started leaning towards the evaluation that Hill was a pick that was questionable.  Missed a meeting, fell asleep in another, and was a healthy scratch for a number of games despite playing a position that we needed impact at.  It's one thing if he were a mid to later round pick.  But when he's your top pick, albeit a 2nd rounder expectations are higher.  Certainly hindsight is a wonderful thing.  My expectation for young Mr. Hill this year is take a good long hard look at the investments made at your position - McCoy, Poe, and the drafting of Gallimore.  Hopefully this will light a fire in Hill.  If it does great.  If it doesn't he's gone as far as I am concerned.