News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You know, it's crazy.

Losing the East - firing Garrett, assured we get Lamb and Diggs and the Eagles don't.

As much as I wanted to not win our meaningless game and end up at 8-8 and pick 17...it actually ended up working out just fine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

No. Any FAs we sign moving forward do not impact the comp pick formula.

That's a plus. Gimme Griffen or Clowney and let's see if we can get NYJ to bite on a 2nd for Adams.

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Anae is wearing a LB's number. I really think we're transitioning to a 3-4 defense.

This feels like a stretch. We may or may not be making a switch, but I disagree that you can glean anything off of Anae's number.

All of the numbers in the 90s are currently taken except for #94 and #99, which will belong to Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith. Additionally, a move to the 3-4 wouldn't preclude an OLB from being in the 90s. Our starting 3-4 OLBs for years were all in the 90s (Ware, Spencer, Ellis).

Anae wore 6 in college. I bet he switches to #56 (Joe Jackson, also a DE) or #96 (Jalen Jelks), depending on which one of them gets cut first.

20 hours ago, D82 said:

That's a plus. Gimme Griffen or Clowney and let's see if we can get NYJ to bite on a 2nd for Adams.

Would love Griffen.  Pass on Clowney.   Too costly for his production.    Regarding Adams,  is the 5th year option still available?  IMO,  that makes a big difference in the compensation.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

6 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Would love Griffen.  Pass on Clowney.   Too costly for his production.    Regarding Adams,  is the 5th year option still available?  IMO,  that makes a big difference in the compensation.

think it would be, but honestly not sure how that works. 

25 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We signed CB Daryl Worley

Interesting pick up. Young productive player. 4 years NFL experience, 5 INT’s and 34 PD’s. 243 tackles and 2 sacks.

has plenty of Starting experience As well. 49 starts out of 56 games.

only knock on him, this will be his 4th team. He does have a 4 game suspension in his past. Was arrested when with the Eagles for having an altercation with Police. He was only with the Eagles for 1 month.