Mel Tucker to MSU

NateDawg

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28684011/source-colorado-mel-tucker-expected-become-michigan-state-head-coach

“The 48-year-old Tucker will replace Mark Dantonio, who announced his retirement last week after 13 seasons at Michigan State.”

Also Mel Tucker on Saturday. 

I don’t really think Michigan State is a good situation right now. But hey, I guess he is taking the money they were willing to throw at him. 

That tweet was the definition of a bad idea. He is going to get killed on the recruiting trail by other coaches saying that he doesn’t value commitment and gives empty promises. It was 3 days after signing day, nobody is asking out of their NLI just because of some rumors you may be on a short list. 

• Like 1

College Football coaches are all gross. All of them preach integrity, commitment, loyalty, and don't have a shred of all three. Hold their players to much higher standards than themselves. At least the NFL operates like mercenary ring it truly is. The only good thing about College Football is the players and students. Everyone else involved are slimy lizard people. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

ALL is a powerful word my friend.

You're also speaking about D2, DIAA, D3 Coaches, etc.

You mean you can't find one positive example? That's definitely not the case.

Hyperbole obviously. Guess I'm really only speaking about P5- extended coaches. I understand not every FBS coach is Bobby Petrino, but it seems like every coach has a little Petrino Potential in them.  

Edited by animaltested

8 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Hyperbole obviously. Guess I'm really only speaking about P5- extended coaches. I understand not every FBS coach is Bobby Petrino, but it seems like every coach has a little Petrino Potential in them.  

I'd like to think CSU's former HC Mike Bobo is the real deal.

https://www.reporterherald.com/2019/01/07/csu-football-coach-mike-bobo-declines-2019-raise/

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Worth noting that it isn't hyperbole to say all college basketball coaches are gross. Every single one, no exceptions under any circumstances.

• Like 1