UPDATED 2/26/20. 3-RD W/TRADES.

JBarrett1984

1 hour ago, JBarrett1984 said:

I agree the Cleveland comment. so i updated that. As for the Skins fan comment; i'm not AT ALL a skins fan. Diggs can be had for for a 3-5th rd pick EASILY. Trent Williams is a superior offensive tackle. A team like Minnesota can use him. 

I didn’t see the original pick so I’ll assume it was Okudah which would have been good pick for numerous reasons first off he be the clear BPA at that spot, you can never have enough good cbs, and Ward seems injury prone and better suited as a slot corner. 

Now I’m this scenario I think the browns should/would take Derrick Brown at 10 and wait till round 2 to target a OT

Also I couldn’t disagree more with your comment on that redskins trade. First off Diggs is a true #1 WR in the early stages of his prime with really no weakness to his game. If he were available and the price was only a 3 and a 5 , 20 plus teams would calling the Viking desperately trying to get that deal done. I’d bet teams like NE, PHI, and OAK would be willing to give a 1st and possibly more for Diggs. You’re also way overvaluing Trent Williams, he’s on the wrong side of 30, injury prone, hasn’t played in almost two years, has a growth on his head and may not even be able to put on a helmet again, also wants a big new contract the Redskins would be lucky to get a conditional 3rd rd pick for him at this point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JBarrett1984 said:

i agree the cb concept. I do believe they'll cut Trufant this offseason, but assuring the DL is probably their best way to go.

with that being said.. Moved R.Davis to the 1st-2nd rd pick. Kept swift at 2b. Moved dantzler to steelers, as they'll be cutting Stephen Nelson this offseason. 

Trufant won't be on the cut list this offseason my friend as it would cost us more to cut him than to keep him and he is honestly our best CB. He played very well last year until his injury he is for sure going to be around for another year or 2.  At the minnimum until his contract is more moveable without us eating a massive dead cap hit.   Maybe next year or the year after i think we target a cb earlier if trufants contract can be moved easier or if oliver nor sheffield take the next step.    But yeah to me if we can fix the D-line and get more pressure like we did in the 2nd half of the season last year then our secondary starts looking a ton better.   We went from 31st in the 1st half last year against a medicore at best offensive grouping.  To 8th in defense the 2nd half of the year against  saints twice, bucs twice, and 49ers a elite level
offensive grouping lol.   The 2 main differences is Beasley started getting more pressure and raheem morris moved to DB coach and our cb's went from night and day. 

Trufants contract for this year and next year.

Base  $10,750,000   Sign Bonus $3,000,000  Option $1,400,00  Total Cap Hit $15,150,000     Dead money this year if cut  $10,750,000

So we actually lose like 5 million by cutting him this year with 5 mil in savings but 10 mil in dead cap.

Next year is alot more feasable to move him as he only has 5 mil in dead cap and 16.150 mil in base and options so we actually gain quite a bit by cutting him next year instead of it costing us this year.

Hope this helped my reasoning behind no CB early atleast for this year since we have to keep Tru and already have a few young guys needing some playing time.   You already made the move but figured you was due a legit explanation after your hard work my friend.
Edited by FalconFan13

Patriot

Please stop with a1st RD WR draft choice.

BB sucks picking WR and they are useless without a OL to protect the passer. I almost threw my TV out the window when they took Harry. Who will never live up to the draft hype unless they add 20 lbs and move him to TE.  Who take a outside  WR with no quickness or speed in the 1st RD. 4.57 forty !!!! are you kidding me.

IMO you never take WR or RB in the 1st round. Yes there are exceptions however 99% of the time it's just stupid.  No OL no  DL no WIN! How did Brady and Mayfield do last year with a crap OL. Mayfield had Odell and Landry.

Edited by m haynes