Proposed new CBA would reduce positive THC test punishment; no more bans strictly for smoking weed

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, N4L said:

It's unfortunate that this is being dangled as a reason to play more games. This is common sense and shouldn't be used as a negotiating tactic. 

Not how negotiations work, obviously. Still unfortunate

So after reading that again m, I'd disagree that it's common sense. I think it's an unnecessary give on the NFLs part tbh

I get it, people cant get through the day without being high. But if it's not legal throughout the entire country it shouldnt even be on the table for discussion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The NFL is a business, theres no other business that you can walk into and be high as a kite and still have a job. Unless perhaps you're a medical marijuana tester lol.

I'm an avid non-supporter of this topic when it comes to the players. A drug is a drug even if you wrap it in a bow. 

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. I get it, people cant get through the day without being high. But if it's not legal throughout the entire country it shouldnt even be on the table for discussion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The NFL is a business, theres no other business that you can walk into and be high as a kite and still have a job. Unless perhaps you're a medical marijuana tester lol.

I'm an avid non-supporter of this topic when it comes to the players. A drug is a drug even if you wrap it in a bow. 

I don't think you guys agree with each other, but maybe I'm the one misreading his post....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Who said anything about smoking on the field? There's a serious misunderstanding here. Players getting busted for smoking in their spare time is what's controversial about that rule. Players are allowed to drink as much as they like but nobody's gonna let them come out and play piss drunk either.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Why are you assuming people are going to "walk in" high as a kite? Do people regularly walk into work drunk as a skunk?

• Like 2