Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

Gotta give a lot of credit to our coaching staff. They have dialed up some creative plays that have guys running wide open. Jonu Smith has had 2 TDs where he hasn't been touched.  After halftime in two straight games, we have adjusted and made plays in ways we haven't seen before.

Good job.

9 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Offsetting penalties is BS in and of itself. They expect the teammates of the guy who got cheapshotted to just stand around?

Way I see it is so long as the teammates don't throw a punch and leave it at words, you don't flag them. Wouldn't be in that situation if not for the penalty by Sherman so it really just bugs me all around.

Whatever I guess.

This is something I think that should change. If this happened on the field of play the penalties wouldn't have been off setting as the first hit would have been "during" the play   being out of bounds made it a dead ball play which changes everything   Still I wonder if the refs messed up the call 

side note about the game frankly we were a little lucky in the first half Seattle had a lot of wide open receivers down field and Wilson just could not find them be it pressure or out of synch still he was hitting them second half when we were getting even more pressure.    

And I second Marcus did a great job this game he missed a few but was very consistent with his throws and seemed to have a good idea what he needed to do the whole game. I was a little discouraged about some early play calls but once the settled in to straight ahead runs the rest of the play calling seemed to go better 

14 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Josh Kline has been insane as well. Pretty sure he continued his streak of no pressures allowed today. We were doing everything we could to try and replace the guy in the offseason and now he's been maybe the best player on the o-line to start the season. It's a contract year for him as well, wonder how much he's gonna get paid this off-season if this continues, and if we'll be the ones to pay him or not.

I feel about Kline the same I feel about Spain... they're both average players... but neither are much more than that.  I would like to have both back for continuity, but I wouldn't break the bank for either.  Spain may have been better last year, but based on their play thus far this year, I'd try to keep Kline before I keep Spain (although, not if it means much of a difference in pay).

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Just saw the Adoree return. That is an absolutely horrendous call. Horrendous. 

I'm still trying to figure out where the call came from... it couldn't have been that block at the beginning, right?  The one where our guy clearly blocked the Seahawk on the side, leaning towards the front of his body.  BS call (not the only one that went against us yesterday).

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I know John McClain is well-respected around the league and known as one of the best team beat writers, but...

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Looking-ahead-to-Titans-12225072.php

1. Is that last sentence implying that Watson is a more difficult quarterback to take down than Russell Wilson? Because that's insanity.

Is Watson more mobile... is he a better pure runner than Wilson?  Maybe... I haven't seen him enough in the pros to be sure one way or another.  But Russ is a wizard... he eludes the pass rush and is still able to make the right read and the good throw.  There was a play yesterday... 3rd and 6 I think... he's under pressure, is being brought down... and he somehow finds his guy, makes a good throw, and it results in a 1st down.  Guy is ridiculous... and ridiculously good.  

13 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not as quick to say our OL dominated as others have, as in the last two games they did very little in the first half, even if they were looking at 8 man fronts. They definitely dominated the 2nd half.

3 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

There were concerns about Mularkey as a coach couldn't outdo some of the better ones in the league. In my opinion, the game was won solely on the playcalling yesterday and the team responding to the identity that Mularkey (along with Robinson, obviously) helped create and install. Still think he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves for what this team has become.

I saw/heard a post game interview with one of the linemen yesterday... it may have even been Walker maybe... maybe Jones?  I don't remember... any way, that's beside the point.  Whoever it was made a great comment, a great comparison to boxing.  He said the Titans run game is like a boxer focusing on body shots.  Those 2-3 yard games may not look like much, people may not think anything of it... but as the game wears on, they turn into 5-6 yard gains, then into bigger chunk plays.  I loved that freakin' analogy!!

I can see what he's saying... Like body shots, those runs start taking their toll, little by little... and things start softening up allowing things to open up.  Without those 2-3 yard body shots, you wouldn't be able to land that 75 yard upper cut like we did with Murray.  

I believe this is why we're seeing the 2nd half domination these past couple weeks... and why we'll continue calling run plays even if they're only getting 2-3 yards a pop.  We have a good o-line and 2 very good, bruising RBs who will continue to wear down opponents... especially as the season wears on.  I think our passing game will be huge because of this (especially when Davis heals up)... as teams look at tape... look at that 2nd half ground domination... they'll continue to try to stack the box and stop the run game.  That's when that head shot over the top will knock the opponent down.  It really has been a thing a beauty to see thus far.  

Man waking up today is a great feeling especially waking up here in Nashville. Week 3 in the NFL is a very hard week it's starting to seem and it's been like that in recent years. You play some desperate teams especially the 0-2 ones and you seen around the whole NFL yesterday some of the better teams in the league struggled. I said going into it ya it does suck Colts and Jags won but I said as long as the Titans did their job we would be fine and the Titans did just that.

Im so happy with this team. Mariota and the co. just went toe to toe with a possible SB representative from the NFC and the Titans didn't flinch. We seen Mariota struggle vs great defenses last year and yesterday he held his own and made some good throws and played very smart football yet again. 

Next week in Houston is another big game the Titans have a chance to put themselves in a great position with a win over Houston. Colts are going to Seattle on a SNF game (what an awful matchup for the whole world to have to sit through) and the Jags have a bye week vs the Jets the way the Jags defense has been playing 2 of the 3 games.

Watson will be tough the Texans D will be tough but the Titans are more than capable of winning this game. Titans defense is better than the Patriots defense at the moment I'm confident Lebeau can create some confusing looks for Watson and the Titans can pressure him maybe force some mistakes 

42 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Apparently the block in the back penalty was on Fluellen. If you watch the return, as Jackson is hitting the crease towards the punter you see Fluellen enter the picture. Still a BS call because Flu really didn’t touch him 

He didn’t touch him but what malarkey said in a press conference yesterday, though the block was clean he put his hands in the air like he was guilty of something, had he not put his hands in the air, I’m wit malarkey, play would’ve stand.

43 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He didn’t touch him but what malarkey said in a press conference yesterday, though the block was clean he put his hands in the air like he was guilty of something, had he not put his hands in the air, I’m wit malarkey, play would’ve stand.

Yea that’s what I figured. Ref just saw the red gloves go in the air and assumed he something more then what he did

Lewan is becoming my favorite titan since Keith bullock. The guy been on a mission every since he heard the titans might draft a LT wit the #1 pick & flip him to RT ??‍♂️. He’s nasty physical plays to the whistle & is a dog on the field. Every now & then he gets a stupid hands yo the face penalty but I can live wit it I guess 

Forgot to mention this too Adoree Jackson is the same guy off the field as u see on and during the interviews. He's walking up the stairs asking us fans on a scale of 1-10 how beautiful is he I yelled out 20 ? It worked he came over and signed. Also some girl game him a card of him to keep and he asked her if her phone number was on it ?

I was just telling my buddy that is a Dolphins fan that I think they were crazy letting him leave. I get they were pretty stacked at WR with Landry Parker and Stills but Im with 0021. I LOVE RISHARD. He brought that fire and swag last year that we hadn't had from a WR since Nate left. Makes big catches on 3rd down. Blocks well. Finds the endzone. And yeah seeing him and a couple more guys down the field blocking was amazing. The guys are buying what the coaches are selling and it's showing.

Archived