Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

The sporting event cancellation I'm most bummed about is the World Figure Skating Championships that were supposed to happen next week. Skating Competitions means my GF is preoccupied for 3-6 hours on Friday-Saturday, and I'm free to devote that time fully to gaming.

Too bad that it's not a good time to pick apples at the orchard, eh @ramssuperbowl99?

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

PSA for those of us with children at home:

My sister in law (nurse), brother in law (nurse practitioner) and sister (night nurse, hospital) all recommended that we stock up on fever reducers/Tylenol/acetaminophen just in case.

I thought we only needed to stock up on TP?

Dammit mwil...anything else?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

PSA for those of us with children at home:

My sister in law (nurse), brother in law (nurse practitioner) and sister (night nurse, hospital) all recommended that we stock up on fever reducers/Tylenol/acetaminophen just in case.

We went out and bought new containers of both yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Ok, fine.  I'll use the teledoc, lol.  Happy?  But i'm not going into the doctor's office to potentially spread it around there too.  I'm not at risk.  I'm going to recover.  And i know to stay home for a few weeks.

If this spreads like people say it will, it just seems irresponsible for everyone who isn't at risk to run to the doctor.

For you, yes, I'm happy.

But seriously, you're still thinking at an individual level. Think societally here. Normally, supply and demand works. Don't need something, don't use it. In this case, it doesn't. We want people using the healthcare system just shy of capacity because the more people get treated, the fewer deaths we'll have. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I'm headed to Costco tonight. If you don't hear from me, remember me as I should be remembered:

giphy.gif

Just don't stock up on toilet paper like a moron. Probably won't be available anyway. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Just don't stock up on toilet paper like a moron. 

I mean, I get it but it’s not like it’s gonna expire.

Dont be the jerk who empties the shelves, but, yes, get some TP.  And some paper towels, laundry detergent, soap, coffee, food with a moderate shelf life, etc.

Folks need to be prepared to be quarantined for a bit.  Will it happen?  Who knows.  But this is where the “I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it” adage applies.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I'm going to be incredibly salty if they don't cancel schools.

--Am a schoolteacher. Hate work.

I’m going to be mad if they do. Means I have to listen to that little bastard  in the apartment above mine more often. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm going to be incredibly salty if they don't cancel schools.

--Am a schoolteacher. Hate work.

My wife will be pissed.  Also a schoolteacher, but she'll have to stay home with our two kids for weeks.  She'll probably be insane before this is over.

• Like 1