Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

On 3/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, lavar703 said:

Because you aren’t getting Trent for nothing but a 3rd and Njoku is about as close to nothing as the Browns are going to get. If Njoku had value to the Browns they wouldn’t have made Hooper the highest paid TE ever to replace him. And it was a different regime that drafted him. 

Two TE offenses have workd in the NFL before....

Gronkowski-Hernandez-120523-WIDE.jpg

1188269341-850x560.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, mike23md said:

Is this not the same path they wen down with Cousins? 

Not the same at all.

Cousins was an unproven commodity going into the last year of his rookie deal. Up until then, we weren't even sure we wanted to give him a new contract and keep him around. But he really exploded the last year. At THAT point, they screwed up by not offering him the $20m/season he was seeking.

That's not the same with an established player who is under contract for another 2 seasons. And who you know you probably will want to extend for a few more seasons after his deal is finished. But was injured the previous season. 

The former, it's hard to extend the contract on a guy who (at that point) is a JAG. On the latter, this a Pro Bowl player who locks down an important position and it's very easy to keep things amiable while you try to work out a deal.

47 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Would you like the direct quotes from user.

Here you go...

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:05 am

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Per my info given to me from William'sdmgreat friend and ex teammate , the Vikes are working very seriously at getting him under contract with us. The Browns are also coming at him very aggressively. I can also tell you for sure that he himself is definitely hoping to have it work out for him to be a Viking.
Another thing, yes he us 32 yrs old. But , and this comes from from the guy who played right beside him for 6 seasons, he is healthy, very well rested and very hungry to get away from the Skins debacle and play for a good organization.
So I know he wants to be a Viking, and its gonna be interesting to see if we are able to do enough maneuvering without hurting the roster to get it done.
Guess we will know before too long possibly.
If I hear anything before its announced publicly I will post it here.

Just because he posted that.......doesn't make him reliable.  

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Two TE offenses have workd in the NFL before....

Gronkowski-Hernandez-120523-WIDE.jpg

1188269341-850x560.jpeg

Sure, I mean let's go back to the 80s too when the Redskins had Donnie Warren & Clint Diddier!

I mean, could it work? Yes, nothing is impossible. Will it work in today’s game, it's not very often that two TEs become the focal point of one offense.

I would also add Zach Ertz & Dallas Goedert to your list from the Eagles.

As Redskins fans, we thought this would transpire when we drafted Fred Davis and we still had Chris Cooley, but it never did, not even after Mike & Kyle Shanahan were hired in 2010.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure, I mean let's go back to the 80s too when the Redskins had Donnie Warren & Clint Diddier!

I mean, could it work? Yes, nothing is impossible. Will it work in today’s game, it's not very often that two TEs become the focal point of one offense.

I would also add Zach Ertz & Dallas Goedert to your list from the Eagles.

As Redskins fans, we thought this would transpire when we drafted Fred Davis and we still had Chris Cooley, but it never did, not even after Mike & Kyle Shanahan were hired in 2010.

I say that's all about coaching and I the QB's abilities. As mentioned some teams have succeeded using this method. While others just haven't taken advantage of the opportunity. Davis couldn't stay off the Weed so we never got to see what a true Cooley/Davis due or Davis/Reed duo would've been. 

Does anyone think there will be issues/pushback from the top against a Minnesota deal, in the sense that ownership will not want to send Trent there to help Kirk?

Could you imagine a bigger kick in the ****** to the organization than watching Trent and Kirk embracing after winning a championship together? It even makes me kinda nauseous just thinking about it, and I’m not in any way responsible for those two having been publicly run off the way they were.

If there’s willingness to work with them, I think Minnesota is a likely destination. They have a need to win now, and they can send us Reiff to clear out cap space and fill our hole at LT. They could package Reiff with their late 4th rounder, and that would be a pretty small price to pay to make a pretty big upgrade. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Does anyone think there will be issues/pushback from the top against a Minnesota deal, in the sense that ownership will not want to send Trent there to help Kirk?

Could you imagine a bigger kick in the ****** to the organization than watching Trent and Kirk embracing after winning a championship together? It even makes me kinda nauseous just thinking about it, and I’m not in any way responsible for those two having been publicly run off the way they were.

If there’s willingness to work with them, I think Minnesota is a likely destination. They have a need to win now, and they can send us Reiff to clear out cap space and fill our hole at LT. They could package Reiff with their late 4th rounder, and that would be a pretty small price to pay to make a pretty big upgrade. 

Unless it's Snyder, there isn't THAT much leftover to be that bitter. But again, there is SNYDER.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I say that's all about coaching and I the QB's abilities. As mentioned some teams have succeeded using this method. While others just haven't taken advantage of the opportunity. Davis couldn't stay off the Weed so we never got to see what a true Cooley/Davis due or Davis/Reed duo would've been. 

It was more than that, the Shanahan’s are some of the greatest offensive minds ever and they couldn't make it work.

Pointing a hand of teams who’ve had two TEs excel greatly in the same season over a 40 year period doesn't sound like something that happens often. Sure it CAN work, but it rarely does.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Kirk isn’t winning a super bowl. I would almost be willing to put my life on that lol. 

Yes. But if Minny offers us a great package of picks, it WILL be found out later and they will pay more in Redskins Nation via fan anger.

Man I hope not, but w/ Snyder anything is possible. We could have/should have traded Kirk to San Francisco in 2016 or 17 and missed our shot at high draft picks bc Bruce/Dan wouldn't even entertain the trade bc it would help Kyle