Williams Asks for Extension or Trade

LoganF89

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That’d be cool too. I can really go any direction with any pick after #2 overall.

If we can get a WR or CB of AJ Brown, Hardman, Metcalf, or Greedy Williams talent I'd be very happy. Those guy's all were 2nd round picks last year. 

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Don't forget what we could've gotten if Bruce wasn't a jackass. A 1st round pick from Bill Belichick. If Belichick was willing to give up a 1st just imagine what other teams would've gave had it become a bidding War.

Also the Browns were interested last year as well during the season while Trent was holding out. They were offering at least a 2nd then. 

Trent isn't coming off injury. He's coming back from a holdout. He passes his physical, We have to expect at least a 3rd for a Pro Bowl LT. A guy who is very IMPORTANT to the most IMPORTANT position in Football. @DaWg_LB.

At this point its speculation......as was informed to me in the debate from last night, that he has only been shopped "in earnest" for the last 2 months. So who know's sure, I saw reports that a 1rst was offered, I saw reports outta New England saying that was completely false......so it all depends on whom and what you believe.

I believe that we were interested last year. I do believe that a 2nd last year was probably the offer, I'll buy that.

Absolutly...your third point supports my side of the debate, when @MKnight82 said one of the main reasons was due to Trent "not being able to get a physical due to Coronovirus"....which I provided examples showing that there have been work arounds that have taken place, so that opinion seems to be based more on point of view, then actual actions that are taking place. So thank you :D

And last but not least, I agree with you.....Trent who is a former prowbowl OT, based on all the surrounding factors, IMO is worth a 3rd round pick OR a 5th rounder + conditional pick (starts at 6th up-gradable to a 2nd based on playing time and performance). So I basically agree with you here also.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I question this a little bit, as players (who are coming off Injury) are getting signed or their deals rejected because of medical concerns, this causes me to think NFL are working around this obstacle if the want is bad enough. AND super star WR DeAndre Hopkins and Stephon Diggs got traded, I will throw in the Quinton Dunbar trade (who was on IR last year) yet the deal was still made? So it seems that teams are finding a work around if the two partners want to dance no?

All of those players played football last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

All of those players played football last year.

Yes, but you've sold that as a "Positive" before, about how sitting out has helped him, and he is healthier now than the last several years.

It cant be had both way's....is him NOT playing last year a determinant because he needs a physical, or a Bonus because "he is healthier now than the last several years"?

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

Teams are going to be less motivated to make a big win now trade like this if the NFL season is in doubt.

This also needs to be mentioned.  If for some reason, we don't have an NFL season, it will then be almost two years off with WIlliams never being in a team facility and working out with them, much less taking the field.  

Add to that, what will the implications of not having a league season do for free agency?  Would this team retain Williams for another season?  Does Williams because a FA?  If so, sure, the team trading for him can franchise him, but they would also have to balance that with the potential for other potential tag players on their roster as well.   There were enough variables to consider before, but now you've got more on the table. 

Just now, DaWg_LB. said:

Yes, but you've sold that as a "Positive" before, about how sitting out has helped him, and he is healthier now than the last several years.

It cant be had both way's....is him NOT playing last year a determinant because he needs a physical, or a Bonus because "he is healthier now than the last several years"?

You can't prove that he's healthier if he can't take a physical.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You can't prove that he's healthier if he can't take a physical.

I'm commenting on how I've seen it be sold as Positive or Negative depending on its Convenience to the argument at the time.

3 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm commenting on how I've seen it be sold as Positive or Negative depending on its Convenience to the argument at the time.

I don't understand what you're looking for?  This is an internet forum.  Everything all of us post on here is speculation.  None of us work for any of the organizations we are discussing.  I don't have any real answers for you only my opinion.  

58 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't understand what you're looking for?  This is an internet forum.  Everything all of us post on here is speculation.  None of us work for any of the organizations we are discussing.  I don't have any real answers for you only my opinion.  

LOL...I was looking for answers to a legit questions.....and it seems like there is more of a desire to try and prove the correctness of your point of view, more than have an exchange of idea's and concepts. Hence the same item being presented in different ways in different arguments.  Example Trent Williams sitting out the year) get presented as a Hindrance when it helps your argument of why he hasn't been traded yet, BUT a Bonus when talking about his approx value. My apologies if my questions caused you to become defensive, or caused frustration and agrivation. 

All I desired was a conversation that contains logic, non conflicting points, and taking a solid stance on a premise one way or the other.

I've got all I need, and I will stop bothering you.

Gracias

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This also needs to be mentioned.  If for some reason, we don't have an NFL season, it will then be almost two years off with WIlliams never being in a team facility and working out with them, much less taking the field.  

Add to that, what will the implications of not having a league season do for free agency?  Would this team retain Williams for another season?  Does Williams because a FA?  If so, sure, the team trading for him can franchise him, but they would also have to balance that with the potential for other potential tag players on their roster as well.   There were enough variables to consider before, but now you've got more on the table. 

I agree.  It all points to Trent Williams not getting the epic contract he wants.  If he wants a long term deal now, he will have to lower his ask.  But I just think a trade before the draft is getting less and less  likely.

I do think that if there is no season, Williams will become a FA next year.  If not it would make a bigger mess of everything.

Right now, I think our best chance of trading him is going to be after the season starts (if it does) before the trade deadline.  I just think there are too many unknowns about the season right now for a win-now move like this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I agree.  It all points to Trent Williams not getting the epic contract he wants.  If he wants a long term deal now, he will have to lower his ask.  But I just think a trade before the draft is getting less and less  likely.

I do think that if there is no season, Williams will become a FA next year.  If not it would make a bigger mess of everything.

Right now, I think our best chance of trading him is going to be after the season starts (if it does) before the trade deadline.  I just think there are too many unknowns about the season right now for a win-now move like this.

That's why I would hold onto him before letting him go for anything less than a 3rd round pick. He is still under contract with the Washington Redskins. The only way he gets paid by Us is if all players under contract still get money if there is no season. Other than that he would be costing himself 2 season of not being paid. Witch I don't see him doing. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, offbyone said:

sI agree.  It all points to Trent Williams not getting the epic contract he wants.  If he wants a long term deal now, he will have to lower his ask.  But I just think a trade before the draft is getting less and less  likely.

I will trade you Vernon for him that's about it and then only if he reports.

Edited by mtmmike
misspelled